Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some critiqe on my ranger please

Some critiqe on my ranger please

Im building a ranger, but since there are to many skills that i want im in a bit of a dilemma. Should i go for more hunting skills, combat wolves or only buffering wolves. Any had the experience in epic and legendary ?

It's seems like this way im first done with the combination of hunting spells and wolves very late in the game.

This is my idea of a build:

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...0-1-0-6-12-6-0

Im switching between bow and spear for ranged and close combat. The 1 point in take down only for the movement bonus.

I now theres been endless discusions about STR/DEX but if anyone has a good idea about percentage in spending attribute points, this would be a help. Thought about 3/1 for str/dex.

Re: Some critiqe on my ranger please

One of the better parts of having a ranger is using refresh to get a permanent call of the hunt.

So get refresh , 1 point in it will be good enough.

Get the points from flush out (useless for a bow ranger) , the wolves (7 points are enough) , regrowth (1 point is barely good enough for normal diff).

The rest seems ok.

Thanks, i'll try it then. Guess that my idea of 3/1 for attributes are ok to.

By the way, do the projectile speed in markmanship makes my attack speed faster ? Seems like the piercing damage is to low to be the reason to spend 12 points in it...

thats exactly my opinion 1 point in marksman is enough

no it just increases the "connect" time and it helps when you shoot targets that arent moving straight at you but moving. still not worth it imo.

That what i thought...Damage bonuses flatten out later in the game when not dealt in %. Now 11 points saved to place in other skill would be most welcome.

Think i'll try end up like this:

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...0-1-0-0-12-6-0

looks good imo. kinda what id to too

i always build a "base" build with all the skills i want and im happy to keep leftovers. in case of a ranger that would be

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-0-0-0-6-0-0-0

you have all these skills too and the rest is just for fun anyway ;-)

I like Marksmanship.

When you're doing run-and-shoot you can go in circles or zigzag around and don't have to worry about lining up your shots. Also it has saved my pet a number of times. Having my shots get there quickly has saved him from dying when he had only a sliver of health left and was getting beat on.

The piercing damage bonus is a bit small that's true. But it is multiplied by your piercing bonus. When you have a few items and skills going at once your pierce damage gets a pretty big boost. So the Marksmanship bonus will get multiplied by a huge percentage.

I may want to spec out of Marksmanship later but it is doing good for me now.

Marksmanship is very good for archers with a high dex, if you are going mostly strength with only some points in dex it won't be worth it in the long run. Remember, every 65 dex adds 10% to your piercing damage (and a small increase in base piercing damage) in addition to any bonuses from your gear/skills so increasing base piercing damage can be very effective. The downside to piercing damage is that a lot of critters are resistant to it and very few mobs wear full armor so bypassing armor isn't really a big advantage. However, my Avenger (Hunting/Earth) became substantially more effective as an archer once I added extra points to marksmanship.

Question Re: Some critiqe on my ranger please

Should i go with briar ward or wolves. It seems like wolves aren't that viable and that some defence later might be better ?

Briar ward is pretty good if you're an archer and the bushes are technically pets so they scale well into epic and legendary. They also block most ranged attacks but the behavior can be unpredictable. An archer with briar Ward and the crazy Nymph by his side can do fairly well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast