Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the resistance can be negative?

Question Does the resistance can be negative?

hi everyone, I built a spellbreaker whit a deadchill aura maxed out, whit necrosis that reduce the bleeding, vitality damage and life leach on the ennemis....but my question is: Does the resistance can be negative?

-If the resistance isn't negative, this synergies aren't useful, because there is not alot of monster that got this kind of resistance

-In another way, if the resistance is negative, this can be really powerful

Hello Madrush and welcome.
    It is a good question you have there!
    I think it would be logical, if there were negative resistances. But while my answer is a guess, you might get more factual answers in the "questions to developers"-section or even better:
    At this post by Phillip Marcus:
    http://www.titanquest.net/questions-...-gameplay.html

yes, resistances can be negative (when you go to epic, you'll certainly get some negative resistances as your resistances are lowered there). But I don't think it makes you (or the enemy it depends ) more vulnerable.

However I think in epic and legendary they might have very high resistances.

I'd think that it would make you more vulnerable as having a negative resistance would cause the damage you take to increase.

-Gene

Titan Quest Guide Author - BradyGames Phillip Marcus's Avatar
    They do - in Legendary, you can die in a single hit from some attacks if you don't pay attention to resistances (although that's true against certain foes in Epic as well)

Makes for interesting fights

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Marcus
    They do - in Legendary, you can die in a single hit from some attacks if you don't pay attention to resistances (although that's true against certain foes in Epic as well)

Makes for interesting fights
    Gonna need to build up some of my resistances then. And do resistances over 100% do something particular (like a retaliation)? I haven't noticed anything, but I might have just not seen it.

well.. if so then maybe too it's possible it acts as life leech giving you life when you get hit with a certain dmg

The real question is whether deathchill reduces resistances by a fixed number or modifies the mobs resistance. The latter can't reduce resistances into negative. Neither does it have any effect on mobs that don't have any resistance to begin with.

Well. thx guys, i will kept in mind that the resistance is really important for my build and for destroy ennemis too

but i got an another question: whit my spellbreaker, i'll take dark covenant that reduce my health per second, so if I had some vitality resistance, does it will reduce the amount of ative health cost?

Take this item for example:

What does the 105% life leech resistance mean? What are the 5% above 100 good for? Are you getting healed if an enemy casts life leech on you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast