Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst ending ever?

Worst ending ever?

I've just finished TQ in normal mode and the ending was s**t! I managed to kill the typhon and all it gave me was a few yellow items and some gold. That with the tacky voice over put me right off playing it through on epic. Is it worth playing through on epic? are there any new monsters or places I couldn't visit in normal? I had a quick look but all I could see was the same monsters but higher levels. I suppose I can unlock all my skills etc and I reckon that would be worth it but is there anything else?

Re: Worst ending ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Metr01973
    I've just finished TQ in normal mode and the ending was s**t! I managed to kill the typhon and all it gave me was a few yellow items and some gold. That with the tacky voice over put me right off playing it through on epic. Is it worth playing through on epic? are there any new monsters or places I couldn't visit in normal? I had a quick look but all I could see was the same monsters but higher levels. I suppose I can unlock all my skills etc and I reckon that would be worth it but is there anything else?

It's alot more content and replayability than your average console game.

Do you play alot of console games?

It's worth playing on Epic if you think the game is fun (even if the ending is lack luster). The added bosses are just cool. I about crapped my pants when I first ran into the Manticore and killed it. It has an awesome death animation that scared the poops out of me. haha.

Don't most if not all games these days have horrible endings? Regardless, I'd rather the developers put most of their effort into making the game fun than a snappy ending. At least the metal guitar was cool haha.

zeus is kinda annoying though. i always turn the dialogue volume to lowest whenever i do typhon runs.

Oh yeah, I wish I could serve him a glass of shut the hell up haha. I've been doing so many Typh runs that I can hear his voice in my sleep... GET OUT OF MY HEAD, ZEUS!!!! OUT!!!! AAAAARRGGGHH!!

I think it is pretty funny that they made such a big deal out of the fact that Randall Wallace wrote the story for the game and then it turned out to be the kind of formulaic hack job that any second rate 1st year English major could of turned out. Oh wait, it is Randall Wallace after all, it all makes sense now.

Maybe they are planning for Zeus as end boss in expansion, and they are just buidling up the hate for him now

Cernunnos, I play PC games only (well 99% of the time). I've got a collection of over 50 games now but I do play consoles occasionally, the last I played was RE4 on PS2 and that rocked.
    Burpy, are you saying that there are other bosses apart from the ones I just killed in normal?
    btw thanks guys for the replies and I reckon I'm gonna give epic a try, especially if there's added bosses. Just one more thing, do the pick-ups get better. I wan't to get more green and blue items.

Quote Originally Posted by Metr01973
    I have to agree with you all hands down, no argument, I seriously did not expect the epic journey to end so ridiculously and horrendously. Come on guys, there is no argument here, I don't care what crappy game you've played before but even mario bros on the first game boy had a better ending. I really like Titan Quest, especially the sub and mini bosses were way cool. The telkines were as stupid as a pile of stinking horse dung but damn I love the monsters like scorpian king and the settings where you have to fight up-hill into a palace through an army of monsters(final stage of egypt and Olympus) It just feels so damn epic with a group of friends. The makers made the game of epic proportions and it just feels sick with such a lame ending. I thought Diablo 2's ending was crap, guess I was really wrong. I hope in one of the future patches they can add a small cutscene or something, even pictures will help. Soul Calibre(the first one on dreamcast) was a solid game with a crappy ending.

Yep, a few more bosses in Epic and a super boss in Legendary. Also, you will be getting better and better drops as you go through. You'll love when you start getting a few Legendary items.

Cyclone Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast