Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunderclap

Thunderclap

Hi.
    I found this weapon

Its the first time i see that "Thunderclap" skill i tried the weapon on a few monster but i couldnt saw the skill working. Any idea on how it work? Its like once in 1 minute or so?!

The DPS of this its more or less the same of my other Tiger Claw, but by trying i had the idea that the Tiger Claw was killing faster.

The skill effect affect the DPS?

The skill looks kinda cool, but if it works once in 2 mins and the damage its lower maybe the tiger claw its better...

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    There will be some sort of cooldown period on the Thunderclap, but I'm not sure for how long. The Tiger Claw will be quicker because it's base speed is average against the Folg's slow base speed. So even though both have an attack speed bonus socketed the Claw is still able to be swung quicker by your character. You get more blows in per minute so should kill faster.

Folg is actually one of the best club in the game, this one isn't really great unfortunately. The thunderclap can proc several times in a minute. It has a cooldown, but if you can attack fast enough you will find that it procs quite often. that's a normal difficulty one i guess, maybe the legendary one has a shorter cooldown. I noticed that my normal difficulty mbuti's advocate cast study prey not as often as the legendary one, but perhaps its my mind playing tricks to me..

The Tiger Claw will be quicker because it's base speed is average against the Folg's slow base speed. So even though both have an attack speed bonus socketed the Claw is still able to be swung quicker by your character. You get more blows in per minute so should kill faster.
    I know. But isnt the DPS all that matters? It might be slower attacking but if does more damage per attack it compensate.

It has a cooldown, but if you can attack fast enough you will find that it procs quite often. that's a normal difficulty one i guess, maybe the legendary one has a shorter cooldown.
    Yes its from normal. Its for my dual wield char and he have a few bonus on attack speed. Im in doubt if its better than my tiger claws or sabertooth.

A question about that saber claw. It gives 27 bleeding damage 3s, that will affect the DPS by +9 (* the speed ratio)?
    Im thinking that it might give a false boost to the dps because it wont stack (right?) and as a dual welder i want to kill things fast, so i wont wait till bleeding. Is that correct? So it might be better to have a sabertooth or a something else that gives only immediate damage even if the dps its a bit lower... (?)

The DPS value shown on your character sheet isn't the most accurate to begin with and pretty much any type of DoT makes it lie even more audaciously, so the best way would indeed be to simply try the different setups and see which one performs best.
    "I don't need a nicotine patch, Penny - I smoke cigarettes."

I've read this thread and searched the forums, and nowhere did I find the exact cooldown time of thunderclap.
    there are some databases regarding the cooldowns of skills given by artifacts, but not MIs. And it's not listed on the numerous MIs threads either. Does anyone know the answer ? Is such a database/list exist ?

I think it has an 8 seconds cooldown. Someone else may tell if its true or not..

I was playing a bit with it yesterday, it procs kinda often indeed.

I checked the database and Benitot is correct. It has an 8 second cooldown. This is the same for the normal, epic and legendary versions. The chance to cast it on attack is 5%.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Thank you Shalie. The skill is applied to both weapons dual wielding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast