Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to TQ, seeking item finding help

New to TQ, seeking item finding help

So I recently began playing Titan's Quest gold edition and I'm really enjoying the game. I'm about halfway through epic and I feel as though my items are falling behind the content fairly quickly. I am fairly experienced with ARPGs and one of the first things I typically learn are the good "farm" spots for gear, but I am having a hard time finding any in the game that are efficient. Can anyone recommend good spots or monsters to repeatedly run for finding good (blue quality) items? Any help would be appreciated.

As an aside, if it matters, I am looking primarily for gear for a Conqueror around level 45.

Well, since you're now midway through Epic, you'd be better suited looking for purple Uniques instead of blues. Generally speaking, blues aren't that great, and only a handful are worth using. Purples begin dropping in Epic and you can find them throughout Epic and Legendary, and they usually far surpass blues. And don't neglect good greens, which you can find at vendors as well as in monster drops and chests/tombs, etc. Many good dual-affix greens are end-game quality and surpass even godly purples.

As for farming for Uniques, bosses are the most reliable way to go because you can't purchase Uniques at shops. Telkines are a good choice for farming, Nessus at the Spartan war camp is known to drop Uniques, the Gorgon Queens in the Pythian Caves, Hades, the Secret Passage (excellent place to farm for Uniques once you hit Epic/Legendary) and Typhon. The Hydra is my favorite Unique farming boss, but it only appears in Legendary difficulty. Uniques also are available in the most mudane places, such as bone piles, tombs, trash mobs, etc. so it makes sense to kill everything you encounter and open every possible container. You'll be surprised at what you can find (my only Sapros the Corruptor dropped from a sepulchur, of all things, and one person found Ferrus Gnosi in a bone pile).

Also, using a monster-multiplier mod such as Xmax will increase your bounty. Trash mobs are multiplied by a factor ranging from x2 up to x10 or so, and bosses are tripled (in most instances). This makes for excellent farming opportunities regarding orb bosses (bosses that drop orbs upon death--Telkines, Hades, Typhon, et al). Instead of one orb, you'll get three.

Mainly, you just have to put in the time and effort to reap the rewards. Farming can be tedious, but it can yield incredible rewards if you're diligent. There are charts here on these boards that show where Uniques drop according to Difficulty and Act, so that will also help a great deal in targeting areas to farm for that specific Unique you really want.
    Last edited by defboy99; 08-13-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Might you direct me to one of the charts you mentioned?

Check out this thread:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...cation-amp-Act

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/18198-Table-of-Unique-Items-Drop-Chances?highlight=unique+drop+chart

Additionally, Gorgons heros, champions and bosses can drop Stonebinder's Cuffs, which are possibly the most sought-after Monster Infrequent (MI) item in the game. So, farming the Gorgon Queens in the Pythian Caves and the Gorgons in the Minoan Labyrinth (both in Act I of each difficulty) can really make a huge upgrade to your toon. SBCs offer +1, +2 and +3 to all skills, depending on which difficulty they're found in, as well as elemental resistances and a host of other possible affixes. I personally make it a point to farm for SBCs for all my toons that can wear them (they have STR/DEX requirements that many mage toons can't meet). But for your Conq, a set of Legendary SBCs would be a great find.
    Last edited by defboy99; 08-13-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Excellent, thanks for all your help defboy!

Glad to help, Typhuss. You might also like this:

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...pment-Database

TQItemBase Extended is a tool that shows images of all the Uniques and MIs in the game, along with their descriptions. It also lists all the Relics, Charms, and Artifacts, among other things. It's an invaluable tool to show you what's available in the game and can help you plan builds by allowing you to target specific gear that will allow your toon to become very powerful. Another good tool is TQ Collector, which is a listing of Uniques, Sets, MIs, Relics, Charms, Arcane Formula, Artifacts and Parchements in the game. Whenever you collect one of these items, it appears in bold type in TQ Collector. It's basically a collector's list for those of us who want to collect as many of the 1,752 items listed as possible. And, of course, TQVault is handy for infinite storage for all those items you'll end up with as you play your various toons.