Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you Have Beat the Game with Craploads of Different Builds, PLEASE READ!

If you Have Beat the Game with Craploads of Different Builds, PLEASE READ!

OK, so I am new to the Titan quest game. Me and my brother want to give this game (Immortal Throne on patch 1.17a) a go in Co-Op mode. The catch is, we are both always using melee/tank builds in games. Well, this time he is ok with doing that same thing again, but I want to try something different just for the heck of it. Another reason for this, is so that we arent fighting over items/armor/etc that can apply to both of us. I am hoping that you experts can suggest a really fun pair of characters that we can use. He would need some kind of "in your face" tank type build, and I am looking for something different and am open to just about anything really. I like the idea of bows and pets, but would consider more magical type builds if they work well and cause us not to clash on item pickups. Another thing is, I am not sure if we will play beyond normal mode since we switch games alot, so whatever combo we use should have no problems in Normal mode and be fun to use. Preferably not too complicated to use either this go round. I would prefer characters/builds that dont require really special or very hard to find items to make them work well.

So in summary, to you guys that have played through this game over and over with tons of different builds, if you were starting off for the first time as a new player with a friend in co-op, what builds would you use with the knowledge you have learned over time? Remember, when choosing, try and pick two that dont share much in the way of inventory, so we arent fighting over sweet items that drop. Builds that would compliment each other well. Thanks a ton in advance for any ideas you guys can offer and take care! I cant wait to get going on this
    Last edited by ndisgii; 08-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Well, a Conqueror and Druid wouldn't share any gear, and they're the most balanced Tank and Magic classes, in terms of both offensive and support power.

Quote Originally Posted by flix View Post
    Well, a Conqueror and Druid wouldn't share any gear, and they're the most balanced Tank and Magic classes, in terms of both offensive and support power.
    Thanks for the idea. I'll check out some builds based on those.

Just out of curiosity, I saw mentioned in an older post while randomly searching, Irma2 mentioned using Druid and Spellbreaker as a combo. Would they have inventory clashes? Good combo? Thanks!

No, you wouldn't be fighting over any items with that combo either. They would make a great offensive pair, especially against undead. The Spellbreaker isn't as tough and tanky as the Conqueror, but with a Druid for support he would survive just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by flix View Post
    No, you wouldn't be fighting over any items with that combo either. They would make a great offensive pair, especially against undead. The Spellbreaker isn't as tough and tanky as the Conqueror, but with a Druid for support he would survive just fine.
    Cool, thanks for that info. Its so hard to decide with so many choices...lol..

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    That's all too true. If you want to try out the Spellbreaker, then a Ritualist (Dream/Nature) or a Haruspex (Dream/Hunting) would provide good support. The Ritualist gives you at least two wolves with 7 points in the base skill and also the Sylvan Nymph to add her firepower, plus Dream has the Trance of Convalescence which applies to everyone in your party as does Nature's Heart of Oak. The Haruspex provides the Trance and powerful bow attacks from Hunting once you max the mastery out and can put points into Volley and Scattershot.

But to avoid the gear conflict then sticking with a mage toon v melee toon is the best way to go.

A Sharder Prophet and a dual-wielding Assassin are also a very fun combo I already tried myself. Assassin isn't much of a tank, though. But this team slows everything around them to a crawl, along with stunning/petrifying/poisoning/fumbling/confusing them, while regenerating fast themselves, so it has good safety nonetheless.
    "I don't need a nicotine patch, Penny - I smoke cigarettes."

Olympian God
    If you want a melee tank combined with an archer, with pets featuring as well, then I'd suggest a Ranger for the archer coupled with either a Spellbreaker or Harbinger for the tank.

Spellbreaker is a primo boss killer that can leech life off anything, gets the Liche King to debuff for the entire party, and can call on the Outsider and Ancestors for help in boss fights.

Harbinger is less good at leeching and debuffing but gets better buffs and crowd control skills overall. Trance of Convalescence reduces damage for everything in the party, Lucid Dream provides a decent damage buff, and the Nightmare also makes the pets more effective. Battle Standard boosts the damage of everything in the party (as long as it's in the BS radius) so that is very beneficial for party play.

Ranger adds Wolves into the mix, which will help to boost the tank's damage. And then Heart of Oak to boost the tank's HP. And then Plague and Study Prey to debuff enemies. So it's a good blend with lots of pets and party buffs and debuffs.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions so far! I hate to sound so newb, but I understand most of the acronyms and terminology for the most part, but could someone quickly tell me what the buffing/debuffing/kiting means exactly? Also, I see people mentiong using keys while attacking such as SHIFT or ALT or something. What exactly are you doing there. And what is twinking? I dont have a manual to reference for this game. Also, are all of the combos mentioned so far fairly easy for normal mode acts 3 and 4? I know you guys always say that you cant have your cake and eat it too, meaning that if its easy in normal, then its harder in epic and legendary and vice versa. I am looking for whats easier in normal specifically. I doubt we would carry anything through epic and legendary, vs just starting over from scratch with new characters in normal again. So I am looking for good combos for that specifically, and again that doesn't clash inventory to much. thanks!
    Last edited by ndisgii; 08-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.

OK, so after reading around even more, I am thinking that my bro will be a tried and true Conquerer, and I am for some reason continually being drawn to the Evoker for some reason, mainly after watching vids of it in action. It looks like he doesnt even hardly have to physically attack in the vids. He just pretty much walks around with his glow and walks through the enemies. Am I getting the wrong impression here? Seems pretty dang easy and uses INT so no inventory clashes, plus I still get to run up in the mix like I am used to :-) while using a different type of character than I am used to. Am I making a bad choice here? Oh, and I would still very much appreciate anyone schooling me real quick on the things mentioned above like buffing/debuffing/kiting and what they mean exactly? Also, I see people mentiong using keys while attacking such as SHIFT or ALT or something. What exactly are you doing there. And what is twinking? Thanks!
    Last edited by ndisgii; 08-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast