Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: build it a new pc .

build it a new pc .

hi guys my old pc just die so i decided to get a really nice pc but to build it instead of buying it so this are my specs.1-case -Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case
    2-motherboard- ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    3-video card- GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    4-power supply-CORSAIR Professional Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Semi Modular
    5-processor- Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 400
    6-memory- Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
    7-memory hard drive-Seagate Barracuda ST315005N4A1AS-RK 1.5TB 5900 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    8-cpu cooler-Noctua NH-C14 140mm x 2 SSO CPU Cooler

since i dont know much about building a pc a friend of mine will help me build it , so any input as to how i can improve this gaming rig will be apreciated.
    Last edited by padio; 08-06-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Maybe get a secondary SSD hard drive for installing your games? This will greatly speed up loading times and reduce stutter from streaming in games.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by Shalie View Post
    Maybe get a secondary SSD hard drive for installing your games? This will greatly speed up loading times and reduce stutter from streaming in games.
    would it not be better if i install the SSD HARD DRIVE as a primary instead of being a secondary?

Yes, but they are more expensive for the same amount of bytes.
    A common way is to have a small SSD as the drive where the operating system runs on, and a normal HD for everything else. But since games take a lot of space and your main focus is gaming it might be better to use the SSD only for your games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalie View Post
    Yes, but they are more expensive for the same amount of bytes.
    A common way is to have a small SSD as the drive where the operating system runs on, and a normal HD for everything else. But since games take a lot of space and your main focus is gaming it might be better to use the SSD only for your games.
    ok i dont know much about pc harware so if i want to install the SSD only to play my games , do i install the SSD as a primary or secondary drive?

It depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you get an SSD below 64GB, use it as secondary.
    I would get one with 128 or even 256 GB and use it as a primary for both Windows and games, and put everything else on a secondary normal disk.