Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [REL] Art Manager 1.6 Offline Network Update (Increased Options/support)

Post [REL] Art Manager 1.6 Offline Network Update (Increased Options/support)

After the update 1.5 to the Art Manager I noticed a few other issues and decided to create another, different version to the AM which does include new options, better support for commandlined, limited resources and some bugfixes.

This is a Network offline version of the AM, which enables some options from the network mode of the Art Manager to the offline mode. It also changes some things else and added posibilities for advanced modding.

Changes/Features

-New file Type added
    -Installer
    -You now can build WITH "delete unassociated resources" everytime without restarting the AM. (for that choose tools-> delete unassociated resources)
    -You do NOT need any program/AM 1.5 to use/run this update
    -File Summary enabled (Tools ->File Summary)
    -Status Report enabled (Tools->Status Report)
    -Option to convert textures to compressed enabled. (Tools->Convert Textures to Compressed)
    -Advanced Option window (Tools->Options)
    -New Icons (Mainicon, DB Editor Icon)
    -New Font [Popups only] (I don't blame you if you want the old one back, this one may will make you unable to read some words, if nesessarry, I will upload a version without changed font.)
    -Enable/Disable entry Descriptions (Go here for more Info & increased descriptions: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...g-old-unknowns) You can find it in the DB Editor under "View->Descriptions"
    -Templates Editor increased. (Note: It still seems to only work partially, so maybe better NOT use it)
    -MAX Server Fixed! The installationsfile includes a file which will fix the problem with .max files and animations, please have a look at the installationsnotes at the end of this post for full fix installation. You need to do some hand parts to make it working. Sorry, I couldn't get that into the installer.
    -.msh files can be archived and put to assets. Please have a look at Tamchi's Mesh Viewer tool (which can be found here: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...35181-MeshView) for putting .obj files to .msh files.
    - .wav files can be archived again (Note for Violos: Wish accepted )
    -Some things else I maybe forgot

WARNING

This AM lost the possibility to create/archive .bin files. Sorry, I needed space for the new option(s). For that reason the new AM Executable got named Art Manager 1.6.exe. So you can use both the old and the new AM and not loose the possibility for archiving .bin files completely. Please do NOT overwrite the original old one to keep the option to archive .bin files with it.

Download

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Art_Manager_1.6_.rar

Installation

1. Run the installer and choose your TQIT installations path. The Mainfeatures will already be installed with that, but to enable the MAX Server fix please go on with these steps:
    2. Open your windows explorer and go to: User\Documents\my games\titan quest immortal throne\tools.ini and open the tools.ini.

2. You'll see several options for the toolset. The one that insterests us is "3dsmaxserver". You have to put there your installations path to the file MAX_Server.exe which was installed with the update. On My file it looks now like this: 3dsmaxserver=D:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\MAX_Server.exe

3. Save the file and run the Art Manager 1.6.exe.

Congratulations, your installation is done . I hope you enjoy it and that it helps you modding easier and faster. If there are any bugs/issues/wishes let me know and I'll try to fix/make them real.

Greetings
    Elfe

I own no rights of this, all rights still go to THQ/ILE, if I exceeded EULA rules, so I'm very sorry, please contact me if I did and I will remove it again.

@Zorro I don't want to see this tool on your page!
    Last edited by Elfe; 02-15-2013 at 07:48 AM.

@Admins
    Damned. I'm very sorry, and Idk why but somehow I posted this twice. Please delete one of both post again, I can't find the delete post button? Or am I just blind?

Changes/Features
    -New filename
    -New filename
    -Installer
    -New icon
    -ArchiveTool renamed to MAX_Server

The installer doesn't rename the Archive tool, It creates an archive tool with other name, if you'd only rename the archive tool so the AM would get corrupted because it can't find the ori archive tool. But for the other things the Changes/Features have been increased.

Sorry, Elfe but I have doubts about usefulness and working properly (don't know word)

I think a bit, and it's your right to do what you want.
    I can just not use somethig I don't like, don't understand.
    Keep working
    Last edited by tq::player; 08-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.

I overworked the Art Manager to show some off the network mode options in the offline mode and added some fix for the problem of compiling .max files to .msh files. The inserting of new mesh moddels is pretty complicated for newbies (only works about commandline + Tamchi's MeshView) in modding so I hope this will make it easier to them. ILE/THQ never gave us a tool for these moddels but the AM has an option for it, which just isn't working. I made a fix for that to repair it and enable using .max files again. Than there are some tools which normally only pop up in the network version, which I enabled to the offline version, too. Another change is that you normally have to restart your AM if you want it to "delete unassociated files". In this version you can do that with a simple click on tools -> Delete Unassociated resources. I also activated the option to enable/disable entry descriptions if you edit a DBR file. Open a DBR file and click in the menu "View-> Descriptions" (Check/Uncheck) to use that. This version of the AM also enables you to archive .msh files, which the old one didn't know. (This feature was already delivered with the AM 1.5).

I hope you understand it now better. I don't think that it is useless, I hope to make modding more easy and faster understandable to newbies in modding, or to make modding more confortable to old modders.

Greetings
    Elfe

I don't think it's completely useless.
    What network mode options useful in the offline mode?
    Are you trying compiling .max files to .msh files?

I don't try, I fixed the bug which disabled the possibility to compile .max files to .msh files with the Art Manager and I enabled some other usefull things to the offline version like enabling descriptions to DBR entries, using everytime "delete unassociated resources" etc.

It's good you trying to do something.
    But if you change something, test it.
    Wish you luck and great mods.

Don't understand what you want to tell me with it. Does something not work? When I tested it, anything I listed up did work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast