Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to Li ith

New to Li ith

I lost my old computer so I decided to play Lilith. Have things downloaded but it said not compatible with my system. I have W7 Pro 64bits..
    I installed once. When I tried to play play custom maps says World01 map.
    A new character and all looked the same as the regular game. No difficulty lvls choices. Could get skins but that may because of the fan patch..
    In My Games Im is the custom folder with Lilith folder that contains database. I added skins and Difficulty.
    Any idea what is wrong?
    Edit: I have not been able to find textures.
    Deleted all skins and difficulty from where I put them.
    Starting over if I can find textures to download.
    Last edited by Old Bugger; 08-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Looks like something is messed up.

The folders database and resources should be located in
    ...\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\custommaps\Lilith\

And "resources" schould contain a maps.arc around 300 mb in size.

Thanks Violos.
    Found my first mistake. Was I have 2 download folders. Unzipped Lilith. Now have:
    My Games/TQIT/Custom Maps/Lilith/Datsbase. In it have Lilith.arz and particledistort.ssh.
    The arz is 4,655KB. Aso installed Difficulty.exe. Where do the: Creatures and textures go? Instructions said Unzip texture in database TQ. Their isnt any database in TQ under My Games. Only in the program File
    When I start the game everything is the same. Choose custom maps. lists: LIlith~World01.map.
    There isnt any maps.arz.

It looks like for some reason I didnt get a full download.

Edit2: No choices. Started straight in Echo as Vampireism. Do i need something different.

I only had about 270 instead of 630. Seems to run OK.
    Last edited by Old Bugger; 08-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Due to the fact that I have started the game and it seem so play alright except the quests.
    Killed the Boar and got the reward OK
    Found the turtle gave to boy. Went to chest in field there was a flash and I was back on the desktop. Start game and went to chest, it is locked.
    Enered the Evil Cave found a secret chest. Went to open and again a flash and back on desktop. Restarted game. There by the Echo Portal was an entrance to the Evil Cave. Asked if I wanted to enter: Yes or No. Worked my way to the cave. Found the secret chest again. Went to open and the samething happened. All other chests and bone piles work OK.
    So stopped playing.
    Have 2 maps listed in Custom Maps: Lilith~World01.map and the Jav--.map. Using Jav--.map

Special chests in Lilith crash if you're using a mod in the TQDefiler that affects chests. I don't know what else causes those chests to crash the game.

But...your description of your Lilith installation still sounds incomplete. You should have two folders in customaps/Lilith. One is "database" which contains Lilith.arz. The second folder is "resources" which has (by my count) ten .arc files.

Went to chest in field there was a flash and I was back on the desktop.
    You are probably running some drop-altering defiler mod.

And to be honest, that still sounds messed up. Better just get one clean install and delete the previous stuff.

EDIT: Haha, jinx.

I have evidentally messed the thing up royal.
    My Games>Custom Maps>2 folders Lilith and Lilith Masteries.
    Each has a datadas with .arz. There is a resorce folder with .arc files in.
    I had put The texture files in the database of TQ In folder THQ. The Creature folder in TQ/IT in folder THQ
    As per install instructions
    One more question: does Lilith work with the Vault?
    I wonder how muc more i am going to messup before I really get started.
    Yep I had a drop on chest of 5 in order to get some health pots
    Thank you both very much. The mod looks like lots of fun.
    Violos, I hope to add your D2 mod to it. If I read right.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bugger View Post
    My Games>Titan Quest - Immortal Throne>Custom Maps>2 folders Lilith and Lilith Masteries.
    Each has a database folder with database.arz. There is a resorce folder with .arc files in.
    If that is what you meant, it sounds good so far.

I had put The texture files in the database of TQ In folder THQ. The Creature folder in TQ/IT in folder THQ
    As per install instructions
    I suppose that is something needed for Lilith Masteries (which could have been solved more elegantly)..?

Lilith work with the Vault?
    Yes. First of all, you can edit your Lilith characters normally. Only the (few) Lilith-Specific items will appear as question marks then, but you can still distinguish them by their internal tag names.

Then there is the option to set the vault to use a mod. Though that one messed up a bit when I used it.

Violos, I hope to add your D2 mod to it.
    For my mod(s), all you have to do is extract their folders into /custommaps.

Only if you want to save some download time on D2 Lilith, you do have the option of getting the "light" version and copying over the mp3.arc and maps.arc (~600 mb) from Lilith's resources instead of getting the full install in which they are included.

This is a new computer, infact I still need to order a graphic card. Just playing with mother card video. Every thing I needs to be download new. My other computer is in Florida and I left all my flash drives there with all my backups.
    I left all the excess things out and it seems to play OK. Did not install Creature folder and textures.
    Thanks again.