Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite

Smite

It's a new MOBA from Hi-Rez(Tribes Ascend) and it has quite some differences from the others. First, instead of the classic isometric view this one has a third person one. Second, it has mythological gods instead of normal heroes and imho it's much more fun this way. The game itself is very fun and it is currently in closed beta so you can register for a key or find someone who can invite you(just like I did) or wait for it to be released since it's f2p.
    Oh and I forgot about the community: the same retards that you will find in LoL, HoN and Dota 1&2 so yeah...

Here is a gameplay video to make yourself an idea:
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

"The Zone wants to be respected. Otherwise it will punish."
    "It is so quiet out here, it is the quietest place in the world."

The third person style looks interesting, but why didn't they go all the way and turn it into a more action oriented style? In the video it looks like the skills work just like any other MOBA, press a button and wait for the cooldown.

Imagine playing a MOBA where you control your character more like in God of War, where you build up attacks and combo's through chaining different basic attacks.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

But then you won't need any skill than the smashing buttons one. I personally think it would be better for the game to remain in its current state but with more gods like Ahura Mazda, Angra Mainyu, Mithra, Quetzalcoatl, Xolotl, Ishtar, Mars, Jupiter, Tyr and so on...
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

I've been playing this on and off for a while. It's ok, but it's no improvement over the current MOBA types, I don't see it doing very well.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

I think it will probably have a small to medium player base but as long as it will exist I will play it, I like it that much.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

They added Cupid... At least we have the first Roman god and I can foresee Jupiter, Mars. I have a feeling they will also add Poseidon and Thor...we shall see...
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

I bought Bastet from my first gathered points, because I liked her style (just like Nidalee in LoL) and skils. But even though she's good at escaping, it is kinda hard to actually kill people unless they are very out of position.

Also liking Ra, he has a nice mixture of skills (some healing, some slow, and always damage) and a nice overall theme.

P.S.
    The first thing you can do to improve is enlarge that minimap to about twice its size.

I am playing Hades and it's damn hard for me since I don't have any experience with ranged tanks but it's cool, despite the fact I don't make a lot of kills in early game I can take lots of punches with the proper equipment ofc. Dunno but after this game I won't come back to LoL. Never. This is just much better in my humble opinion.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Haha, yeah...
    Tanks do depend on the cooperation of their team, but with Ymir at least I'm doing really well. Maybe because I'm used to playing tanks from LoL.

I see myself ending up (once again) as tank or support on the long run anyway. For one because tactics is my strength rather than twitch playing, and for another because that fact usually compels me to pick one of those roles for the good of the team, as there is never a shortage of insta-locking carries and mages.

In that regard, Arachne seems to be just my thing. She has wards, crowd control, can jungle, gank, and lay traps. And due to the rather small influence of power to her skills, she should even work when built as a tank.

I finally got the hang of Hades! Today was such a productive day: 9 kills with few deaths and 8 assists, scored a double kill, managed to resist against 3 enemies and I even killed the minotaur myself. I barely got any scratches. Hades is very hard for a beginner but once you get the hang of him...damn.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast