Version 1.6 - All features finally complete!
The last big update to D2 Immortal comes with a huge list of improvements, and finally completes what had been planned out over 2 years ago. It adds the last remaining class to the roster, and also implements every single idea and fix that has come up since.
Aside from minor additions and adjustments (EDIT: Most of which should have been covered with the recent 1.62 and 1.64 updates) it is safe to say that D2I is now officially done. - And the best version ever.
Also check out Diablo 2 Lilith, its Lilith-Merged sister mod!
Full Installation (95 MB)
ModDB - Dropbox - 4Fansites.de
Features of 1.64
- SIX fully playable Diablo 2 classes
- Original characters, sounds and designs
- Unique new skill types
- Rewritten game balance, nerfed exploits, support for "weak" damage types
- New enemy skills and notably better AI
- Proper scaling and a steeply rising challenge across 12 acts
- Javelins and dexterity-based swords
- Stat hybrid and class mixture support
- Major sound overhaul
- Realistic resistances for all enemies, immunities in Hell
- More champions, heroes, ambushes, guest and secret monsters
- Epic boss fights and large-scale endgame quests
- Famous Diablo 2 loot and many bonus items to find
- New item sets for all classes, and reworked bonuses for all old sets
- Lilith to D2 Lilith assimilation ability
- All of the latest Fanpatch Fix changes
For details and more information about the mod, have a look at the Development Thread and the FAQ & Guide section of this forum.
Comments and questions about earlier releases can be found in the repective release threads.
Thanks again to everyone who contributed!
Changelog for 1.45 -> 1.60
- Added the Paladin class (30 skills)
- Rearranged and balanced Assassin Martial Arts tree
- Minor changes to Sorceress cold spells
- Reworked Mana Shield energy consumption
- Added more Diablo 2 items
- Added upgradeable class sets for every class and difficulty
- Created one ultimate set for each pure class
- Added Paladin Sceptres to shops
- Increased drop ratio of new items vs. old items
- Revenant gear now also drops from Act 3 skeletons
- Minotaurs drop their MI axes
- Stopped lower level loot from dropping in Hell
- Added more bonus items and two bonus sets
- Added starting weapons to D2 Lilith
- Reworked / buffed numerous affixes
- Some offensive affixes now appear on shields
- Items now grant the proper Paladin skills
- +X to Skills affixes now appear on weapons for all classes
- Reworked the set bonuses of all old TQ and IT sets
- Art update for skill and class selection screens
- Art update for Insect Swarms
- Improved several particle effects
- Funky health and mana bars
- Miscellaneous improvements to some bosses
- New (Paladin) skills on enemy heroes
- Added new heroes
- Added monster ambush events
- Fixed the difficulty unlocking bug!
- Adjusted Secret Passage monster resistances
- Fixed broken permanent quest rewards
- Improved Spanish and German translations
- Included Spectre's post-fanpatch fixes
Changelog for 1.60 -> 1.62
- Fixed strength requirements on class gear (among others)
- Reworked Conviction to avoid self-debuffing
- Critical Hit and Amazon passives now support elemental damage
- Some corrections/edits to the text files
- Reworked Cloak of Shadows to not draw aggro
- Reworked Venom as a non-exclusive buff
- Added new items and heroes
- Created a definitive Staff Attack animation
- Adjusted stat point rewards on Invocation quest
- Fixes to some spawns, drops and other things for D2 Lilith
Changelog for 1.62 -> 1.64
- Added D2I parchments and a new bonus set
- Some edits to the texts (absolute resistance values)
- Fixed a few item bonuses
- Improved Hydra skill
- Reworked Shout skill
- Improved effects and textures
- Expanded & overhauled Spanish translation
Special thanks to everyone who actively helped with all these things. Especially to the Spanish and German communities for their translations, and to Jaelrin for the bulk of the testing.
* Using the "Mod" option in TQVault shows proper item pictures, but fewer characters.
- That option is only designed for mods starting directly from "custom game", like Lilith.
- Use the regular Vault to transfer D2I items. You can distinguish the [?] by their Tag names.
* Game shows checkered textures and missing tags
- If you installed and loaded the mod correctly, then there must be an error in your files.
- The linked downloads are basically OK, though. Please report the source you used, and try again.
* Small 4:3 resolutions show a black bar behind the skill menu
- Native to Kirii's UI, which mine is based on. Just use another resoultion.
* Relics cannot be attached to javelins
- Current state of the art for 1h ranged weapons. May never be possible.
- They are strong regardless, but one can use the "relics in all" cheat to allow it.
Should you find any other errors in this version, please use this thread to report them.
As the name suggests, D2I is built upon the Immortal Throne expansion, so use it with normal TQ at your own peril. Loading it over a modded base game is possible, and usually works, but also do so at your own risk.
Though D2I does fix many issues of the original game by itself, includes some additional fixes, and has all changed files based on the latest versions, it cannot hurt to have the Bugfix Fanpatch as well.