Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about bugfix fanpatch

question about bugfix fanpatch

im buying a brand new computer, and i would like to download , TQ DEFILER and the PATCH 1.17, so my question is ,after i do this, do i still need to download the BUGFIX FANPATCH, in order to fix the problems that come with the PATCH 1.17 ? , thanks for your help

1.17 is the bugfix fanpatch...

And there is another fix for that patch here.

Using the defiler saves you the installation of the Slow Cast and RNG fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Violos View Post
    1.17 is the bugfix fanpatch...

And there is another fix for that patch here.

Using the defiler saves you the installation of the Slow Cast and RNG fixes.
    so what do i need to do ? Once i install tq defiler what is my next step , what do i do with the tq defiler in order to fix these problems? Also do i need to download that patch that fixes the1.1.7?
    Last edited by padio; 07-16-2012 at 03:47 PM.

It is not entirely necessary to get the updated fix for the fanpatch, as it addresses just some minor issues. Read the thread Violos linked and decide for yourself if you want it or not.

OK, for the Defiler mods, once you have launched Defiler, you switch to the "mods by..." tab, and ensure that you are in the Immortal Throne tab from this menu. On the right hand side, is where the Slow-Cast and RNG fixes are... just check the appropriate boxes, and you are all set. You can turn any of these on and off at your leisure, just ensure that you quit from the game before trying to apply/remove these "tweaks". The other 2 most recommend mods to use from Defiler are the "infinite potion stacking", as 5 potions per stack was just a poor development decision (IMO). Also, I recommend the "freeze time of day" mod, sometimes nighttime can make it hard to properly asses some situations because you cannot see the enemies as clearly as in the daytime. Of course, if you are playing online, then the socket fix error is also "necessary" (I found it to be).

Happy Hunting!