Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gorgon runs

Gorgon runs

When you do the Gorgons, Medusa and the 2 others plus all the Gorgons in the Pythean Caves is there any way to actually tell which one is wearing Stonebinders or is it all pure and simply random as to which one has them.

Totally random. There might be a higher drop chance for "special" Gorgons like the Geomancers, but that's about it. Some people even rather farm for them in the Minoan Labyrinth cause if the right selection of enemy types rolls, there can be a lot of them over a relatively short distance to cover and you don't have to endure the rather lengthy fight with Medusa and her cronies.
    "I don't need a nicotine patch, Penny - I smoke cigarettes."

I thought only the "higher" gorgons drop Stonebinder's stuff and the normal ones drop Sentinel's?

From Most Wanted Monster Infrequents and chances to get them:
    Drops from gorgons (Act 1):

0.3984% - Quest Boss, Medusa
    0.3984% - Quest Boss, Sstheno
    0.3984% - Quest Boss, Euryale
    0.3981% - Profaner
    0.3981% - Geomancer
    0.3974% - Hero, Cenobia
    0.3974% - Hero, Iolanthe

Locations to farm: Gorgon Sisters, Pythian Caves, Minoan Labyrinth

On average, you have to kill ~ 250 boss gorgons to get one Stonebinder's Cuffs.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Yeah, that's what I meant. I wasn't really sure about "normal" Gorgons dropping them - I don't actually farm.

Olympian God
    Somebody once had the bright idea of modding the game and giving SBC some weird texture like purple and pink stripes, so that you could spot instantly which Gorgons were wearing it. The glowing blobs on Bramblewood bows makes them much easier to farm. Or, at least, easier to spot instantly which froggie is using one.

If you're going to run both the Gorgon Queens and the trash after them in the Pythian Caves, I'd recommend running the X2 mod. You want nine Queens but, at the same time, you don't want masses of trash because Heroes and orange and green Champions (the only Gorgons who can drop SBC) are hard-capped at max 2 per mob in MinoLab and one per mob in Pythian Caves. The X mods don't increase their numbers, they just give you more spear and bow trash to wade through. Although if you're a Hunter who will accept Sentinel's as a reasonable facsimile for SBC then Xmax is fine too.

Incidentally, the naming of the Gorgon champions seems to be one of those errors that made it into the release game. Anybody else notice that the Profaners are the orange fire-dealers and Geomancers the Poison-dealers? The names suggest it should be the other way around. Profaned gear = Poison, Geo=Earth=Fire. Yet the Geos do Poison and the Profaners do Fire.
    Last edited by Irma2; 07-10-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Maybe somebody confused profane with propane?

Olympian God
    Hehe, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Irma2
    Anybody else notice that the Profaners are the orange fire-dealers and Geomancers the Poison-dealers? The names suggest it should be the other way around. Profaned gear = Poison, Geo=Earth=Fire. Yet the Geos do Poison and the Profaners do Fire.
    It has been noticed and fixed >>> here <<<.

Swapped tags of the gorgon heros --> Geomancer = "Fire"-gorgon, Profaner = "Poison"-gorgon

Olympian God
    Ah, good that someone noticed.

Well, it was in the buglist for 1.18, so I fixed it

My Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
    - Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett