Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Rel] Art Manager v. 1.5 - Mesh/Template working support Update

[Rel] Art Manager v. 1.5 - Mesh/Template working support Update

Hi guys,

Since there are larger projects which works with new meshes and different templates, there is an old trouble point: Getting them archived and backt to the game. To make working with it more easy and to avoid the requirement to use command line to archive both, I wrote some update of the Art Manager, which will enable you to archive/manage them with Art Manager, too.

Changes

1. Added the file type .msh readable to AM. Now you can put .msh files into your source folder and create auto/selfmade assets with it. To make .obj files to mesh files, please use Tamschi's MeshView tool, which can be found here:
    http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...35181-MeshView

2. Added the file type .tpl readable to AM. Now you can put .tpl files into your source folder and create auto/selfmade assets with it.

WARNING

This AM has lost the possibility to archive .wav and .bin dates. Sorry, but I needed some space for the Update. The Art Manager executable is renamed to Art Manager 1.5.exe because of this, so you can use both the new and the old version of your Art Manager. Please DO NOT rename it to the original name and overpast it, or you will loose the possibility to archive .wav/.bin dates by using AM.

Installation

Simply extract the Art Manager v. 1.5.rar to your TQIT Installationsfolder and run it. On your first start, the AM will ask you for the working paths, if it doesn't autodetect them, you have to put them by hand back. If you don't know the paths, look in your original TQIT Art Manager under Tools->Options and copy/paste the paths.

Selfmade Assets

If you go to Assets and make a right click in the field, it normally should show you a list of available asset types you can create with the AM. This list has CHANGED. Now this is the current list:

(Texture;Cube Map;Mesh;Animation;Shader;Bitmap;Font;TextFile;Tri gger/Quest;Particle;Map;Mesh IP;Template;MP3)

The two new ones: Template;Mesh IP

Template is simply the button for selfmade assets for .tpl files. Use it for archiving Templates. You may need to add the ending .tpl in your asset window to your asset. Selfmade assets only. Sorry, idk why but I couldn't manage the auto create asset. It won't accept the file type .tpl, if you hit auto create asset.

Mesh IP (Mesh Import) is the button for selfmade assets for .msh files.

Mesh IP works as auto create asset, too.

Download

http://www.file-upload.net/download-....-1.5.rar.html

If you have any wishes/Bugs for/with the new version, please tell me and I'll try to fix/adapt the AM for it.

Greetings
    Elfe

I own no rights of this, all rights still go to THQ/ILE, if I exceeded EULA rules, so I'm very sorry, please contact me if I did and I will remove it again.

@Zorro, I don't want to see this tool on your page!
    Last edited by Elfe; 06-30-2012 at 06:05 PM.

I do not understand the first reply to one, and then slowly study.
    I'm sorry, my English is not fluent.

Can you explain how to import the templates/meshIP ?

I was trying to get it but importing templates gives me nothing. I browse to it, select it, then nothing is available in the box next to "SOURCE", can't push OK either. And when I try mesh IP it gives me a broken link and also doesn't let me press OK.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Try auto create asset. That should work the same way as other files you get on source. (Like effects, textures etc). So go to source, create a new directory, than put your file in it. Make a right click on it and choose auto create asset. Normally a window should open you that asks for the path. It should already be filled automatically. Just hit ok. This should work now with .tpl and .msh files, if you put them into source and make a asset.

Ok again with pics now:
    1. Put (by windows explorer/AM importfunction) a .tpl or .msh file into your source:

2. Right click it and hit auto create asset:

3. Now this window should open:

4. Hit OK and go to the assets tab. Here should be your .msh/.tpl file:
    Last edited by Elfe; 06-26-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Ohhhh, I see now. Ok I'll try again when I get a chance.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Nice!
    But could you rather sacrifice the ability to import shaders instead of wav files? Those are kinda important...

Why not wav files? They are the old format of MP3, so my background thinkings were, that you easily can convert them and loose no possibility for music/sound increasment. Exactly this is why I said, don't overpast the old am with this one, keep both, so you will not loose the possibility to use all file types. But well, I'll have a look at it and create a different version.

Edit: Uhm, it won't let me use the space of shadders, it don't want to work. I also tried font and the old mesh, but both didn't work. Oh and BTW I just saw, auto creating assets for tpls doesn't work correctly. The selfmade assets work, but you must add the ending .tpl in the asset window manually.
    Last edited by Elfe; 06-26-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Sure one can convert them back and forth, but practically I mostly stick to .wav files when they are not too long.
    Easier to edit and all.

It was just a thought because, in contrast, I do not expect anyone to ever make new shaders.

Well, I've seen some plp creating new shadders. But anyway, it seems not to work. I'm on vacation now, so can't look into it, only have Lap Top without TQ here. Maybe I can have a look at it again when I'm back.

€dit: I got some Idea how it could work, but that will need disasseble knowledge, which I don't own But as I said, I'll have a look at it again and try it.

The problem with the shaders is that there is meta data in the archives that I have no idea how to interpret, so it's currently not possible to automatically extract them. I can copy them manually from the files and decompile them to get the attribute names, but that is really tedious.

Writing shaders on the other hand is relatively easy if there's a way to compile from source to .ssh files, as there's no large framework to learn.
    Last edited by Tamschi; 07-10-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast