Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which features would you like to see getting worked on first?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elite groups

20 31.25%
  • Heroes and uber heroes

23 35.94%
  • Random events

25 39.06%
  • Content for Epic/Legendary

21 32.81%
  • Endgame content

37 57.81%
  • Spellscrolls

10 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What features and changes would you like to see?

Expanding the late game with more items, recipes and of course, quests and monsters seems like a good idea =)

I'd like to see more recipies and craft. Is it impossible to make something like horadric cube it TQ? Craft is essential for those kind of games.

It is pretty much impossible, changing TQ's code is limited to hacks. All new features have to rely on existing mechanics and functions.

How do you feel about the idea of recipes with random elements? Like gambling or forged items with base stats + random affixes.
    I would like to introduce some variety to the forge items beyond the very specialized gear they offer at the moment.

How do you feel about the idea of recipes with random elements?
    As long as they coexist with the "normal" recipes, I think it's fine... but it would need to strike a very careful balance between investment and reward: I never liked gambling in DII, for 99.98% of what it produced was utter crap. If you could somehow provide an incentive to try the randomness (unique item modifiers perhaps?), it would be a welcome addition.

On another note, the more I think about the "+1, +2... etc" idea that vavvo966 suggested, the more it appeals to me. At first I thought it was derivative and kind of foreign to the game itself, but then I remembered certain other games (such as Demon's Souls and its spiritual sequel) that prolong an item's usefulness by enhancing its base stats and not its requirements. That way you can equip the best item your stats can support, and upgrade it further to make it last. In TQ, I can imagine it would help make those unique items that have cool strategic value but poor damage output, or armor in the case of defensive gear, useful again and able to compete with stronger, later items. Those later items could be upgraded as well, to provide better late-game usefulness. It's just an idea and I imagine it would be tedious to implement (if possible at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Arsland View Post
    As long as they coexist with the "normal" recipes, I think it's fine... but it would need to strike a very careful balance between investment and reward: I never liked gambling in DII, for 99.98% of what it produced was utter crap. If you could somehow provide an incentive to try the randomness (unique item modifiers perhaps?), it would be a welcome addition.

On another note, the more I think about the "+1, +2... etc" idea that vavvo966 suggested, the more it appeals to me. At first I thought it was derivative and kind of foreign to the game itself, but then I remembered certain other games (such as Demon's Souls and its spiritual sequel) that prolong an item's usefulness by enhancing its base stats and not its requirements. That way you can equip the best item your stats can support, and upgrade it further to make it last. In TQ, I can imagine it would help make those unique items that have cool strategic value but poor damage output, or armor in the case of defensive gear, useful again and able to compete with stronger, later items. Those later items could be upgraded as well, to provide better late-game usefulness. It's just an idea and I imagine it would be tedious to implement (if possible at all).
    I also thought of having formulas that allowed the player to add random affixes to his uniques, but the amount of work required is just insane and there are a lot of potential issues associated with it.
    The problem is that TQ's formula system depends on specific input/output items, meaning that you would have to make an upgrade formula for every unique item in the game, then additional formulae for every single upgrade level. It not impossible to do, but it would take a considerable amount of planning and database work to pull off. The amount of time and work required would delay v1.0 by a lot. It is the kind of feature I would consider doing post-v1.0 if the demand is high enough.

Only realistic implementation at the moment is having a formula that creates a random unique of a specific type from a specific act with random affixes.
    Example: 3 unique helms + act 2 formula = random act 2 unique helm + affixes.
    It would not be very far from gambling though.

I understand completely, that's why I said it would be "tedious" to say the least. I am aware of the way TQ handles formulae... Don't worry, it's not game-breaking or anything. Keep up the good work towards 1.0!

As for your suggestion on an implementation of the "gambling" aspect: I really like how it sounds. It's nothing like gambling: for one, you would always obtain an unique (whether epic or legendary) item as a result, and not some magical crapola; and also, you'd have some control over the resulting item with the "formula-per-act" limitation. Plus the affixes... really, it sounds like a neat idea to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneNinjaGuy View Post
    I noticed early on, you get TONS of wood. I only ever used one, but I found somewhere around 25. Just a thought though. ^_^
    i also noticed this, and for some reason the wood sprite doesn't seem to show itself.

gambling and leveling sound like a great addition to the mod, giving another way to collect set pieces, or rare/ legendary items.
    formulae for the craft items (wood stone iron salt) could be used to actually create weapons! or items that act like charms or relics (but may not classify as one) to improve the base of the item, much like the leveling suggestion.

also what about adding an affix or prefix that increases the chance at cretain items (armor, weapons, gold, charms, relics etc)

well there's just a few ideas, but in no way would i complain about this mod 9/10

I think more uber heroes would be neat. You know something like that monolith in act 2. I couldn't beat it the first time and it was really epic.

I voted for elite groups and uber heroes.
    Randon events are nice but not more than that. doesn't worth the investment imho.
    spell scrolls can't beat artifacts, nor mercenaries, so thumbs down on that, too.
    As others have wrote, I also enjoy the forge items concept alot, and would like to see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladion View Post
    I voted for elite groups and uber heroes.
    Randon events are nice but not more than that. doesn't worth the investment imho.
    spell scrolls can't beat artifacts, nor mercenaries, so thumbs down on that, too.
    As others have wrote, I also enjoy the forge items concept alot, and would like to see more of it.
    Even though forge items aren't in the poll they are going to be expanded upon.

If I were to work on spellscrolls I would remake them completely to be relics(spellstones?) that grant skills and minor stat boni instead of being artifact slot items, like you said, they just can't compete with the alternatives.
    You would then have to choose whether to sacrifice stats for skills when choosing between spellstones and ordinary relics. The spellstones should be levelable through formulas at the alchemist and some should support existing spellstones through synergy skills. Could be fun making your completely own skill set through spellstones and souls.
    Last edited by amgoz1; 06-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast