Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with my prophet

Help with my prophet

hi there, i am new to titan quest and playing as prophet (storm-dream) and currently i am lvl 35 in act 4 for normal mode.
    I use squall and LB as my primary attack. i realized that my squall is so effective like act 1 -3, it can kill anyway but longer time and i use so much health potion...any suggestion what other skill i must take?now i want to add point to psionic touch since it can boost lighting damage?CMIIW
    and where i can farm good equip for prophet?
    is there any software that use to cheat this titan quest?like hero editor in diablo II, so we can edit or add good equip to our char?
    my build
    http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...r1=8&master2=9
    Last edited by adamatium; 06-09-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Okay, some questions first. What type of prophet are you playing? A caster, a melee or a mix of both. It sounds like you're a caster, but it makes a difference to the sort of advice we need to give you so could you confirm please? How have you been distributing your attribute points so far? Also there are no figures in your TitanCalc showing so no idea of where you've put points at the moment to advise you on that side of things.

Also have a look at the Prophet guides in the Almost Full Builds Compendium sticky in this section of the forum. It will help you understand why people use some skills and not others and how to get the best from your build.

No, there's no cheat I know of that will let you change equipment on your character. What you can do though is download the TQVault, it's found in the Tools section of the forum. Here you can store infinite items in vaults that you name and create. However, this won't help you much at the moment, but as you play the game longer you will collect good items which you can then store and take out of the Vault to use with your characters. You CANNOT use it in-game though, you'll screw up your Vault if you try. Better items will start to appear once you get into Epic and then Legendary mode.

If you haven't already I recommend also downloading the bugfix fanpatch which you can find the the Fanpatch Projects section of the forum. It fixes most of the bugs in the game and you won't notice any change.

For the immediate problems you mentioned, put some points into Trance of Convalescence as this helps with health and energy regen and should cut down on potion use. If you're not using a staff or weapon of some kind I don't think Psionic Touch will do anything for you.

Give us some answers to the questions above and we should be able to point you in the right direction.

i am a caster with staff...yes i already download tq vault and find soooo much good equip and relic etc etc there....=).
    actualy from the dream part, i only take psionic wave lvl 1, TOC currently lvl 7, and still put some point to lightning bolt since it only lvl 8 now...

Okay, now we have have a bit more to work with. Have you maxed out both masteries yet? If not you should do so asap as this will also help with survival. Also maxing out the masteries will get you up to Lightning Bolt's synergy Chain Lightning to spread more stun damage around. You'll want the Wisp (1 point only) for the Eye of the Storm synergy and also do you have any points in Storm Nimbus and its synergy Static Charge? A point in Nimbus, but max Static Charge for more damage. With a Prophet you can benefit from Storm Nimbus and Psionic Touch as Nimbus is an energy reserve while Touch is a LMB skill so you're able to deal both lightning and electrical burn damage at the same time. A point in Storm Surge is also useful.

Points in Dream's skills: Lucid Dream tree if not already, Distortion Field and Distort Reality tree can be a lifesaver if you get surrounded. Summon Nightmare a point and a few in Hypnotic Gaze and maybe one in Mastermind synergy as this will help both pets survive. Set Nightmare on aggressive and leave Wisp on normal as he seems to wander more anyway to me and they will draw the aggro of enemies to them, allowing you to Squall/Lightning Bolt them more easily.

Once you have maxed the masteries and have a point in each of the above skills, then start maxing out the following:

Squall/Obscured Visibility, Static Charge, Eye of the Storm, Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning, ToC, Lucid Dream tree, Psionic Immolation and Chaotic Resonance and Psionic Touch tree. Which ones you max first is up to you. As you're using Squall and Lightning Bolt as primary attacks you could do them first, but keep an eye on how well you're surviving; you might need to put more points into ToC instead.

Weapons-wise look for staffs to boost lightning or electrical burn damage, although there aren't many of the latter around. For armour/jewellery look for stuff that boosts your resistances and DA (Defensive Ability) as casters are low on that. I'd put attribute points 1:1 Intel/Dex, you shouldn't need to put points elsewhere.

Don't get discouraged; Act 4 Normal is just about the hardest one of the whole game. Your build isn't finalised and the difficulty was deliberately ramped up by the designers when they made the expansion. We all struggle with it in Normal play no matter what character we're playing.

yeah i found that in act 4 the last 2 teleport place is quite tough...

Epic Acts 1 & 2 should be easier for you before things start getting more difficult again, but it will depend on what equipment and other stuff you manage to find along the way, especially if this is your first play through. There are a few monster surprises along the way as well, a -40% drop on resistances at the start of Epic just to make things interesting, but improved relic/charms, gear and artifacts will start to be available. Also you now have a better idea of how to tackle the various foes you come across in the game which can make a big difference in your death count!

Enjoy and let us know how it's going or if you need more advice/tips.

Olympian God
    Squall and Psionic Immolation alone will take you through Normal at record speed. Prophet and Evoker are the two primo Normal-rushers.

My Prophet battled much more in Act IV Epic, though. Neither of these skills drops monsters quickly in late Epic so there is a lot more kiting and crowd control required.

It's the old story, really - dominate in Normal, struggle in Legendary and vice versa.