Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are rally and quick recovery worth anything?

Are rally and quick recovery worth anything?

Are these 2 skills worth anything for my 18 level conquerer?

Olympian God
    Rather than starting a new thread about every single skill in the Conqueror class, why don't you save yourself a lot of bother and just read Poinas' Guide to All Skills, which you will find in the Skills sub-forum. Really, these basic questions have been covered thousands upon thousands of times, there is no need to cover them again.

Olympian God
    Get over yourself. The last thing I've done over the years is to chase people away. But forums work on mutual respect. Veterans will generally go out of their way to help newer players. What is expected in return is that newer members at least browse through the forums briefly to see if their question has been asked and answered before.

Poinas took hours and hours to compile his Skills Guide, using all of his considerable experience with the game in doing so. I put together a TitanCalc compendium, others have done individual guides or compendiums of guides. There are thousands of hours of work in these threads. Why did we bother going to all that trouble if you aren't even going to read the stickied threads and we have to answer the same questions which we've already addressed at great length??

There have been umpteen discussions on Conq - guides, builds, gear, skills, etc. All it would require is to briefly browse through the Skills, Defense or Warfare forums. But apparently that is too much effort for you. When you first arrived, you asked questions about where to find quest item X or portal Y. People pointed you to the walkthrough on Gamebanshee. You'd think that, next time you couldn't find something, you'd go straight to the walkthrough. But nope, you come back with more questions on "where do I find X?" And then, if you don't get an answer within a few hours, bumping your thread to the top of the list with some pointless follow-up like "give up" or "start over". That is universally considered to be bad manners on the net, pushing your request to the head of the queue and being impatient when you do not receive fast service. On the net, as in every other place, you get the service you pay for. You tell me how much you're paying here and I'll tell you what service you can expect in return.

You know, at some point you need to start actually putting in some effort and using some initiative yourself. We are not here to run around for you and do your searching for you. If you are not going to pay the community the respect of at least skimming through what has been written before, you should not expect great respect in return. We will do our bit to help, this is generally a very helpful community. But you have to do your bit as well.

Olympian God
    Just to summarise your forum activity over the past day or two, you started off with a thread in the Warfare section asking for help with Spellbreaker. After several sarcastic follow-ups to keep bumping your thread, Dean and Asylum both gave you advice. Not a word of acknowledgement from you.

Then you hit the Masteries section asking for advice on build and gear for Conq. You were referred to my TitanCalc Class compendium as well as the Compendium of Guides. Medea then added a lengthy post on equipment recommendations. Again, not a word of acknowledgement from you for their advice. Which you clearly didn't take anyway as you then followed up with a Gameplay thread asking if Adrenaline is any good (something which the guide would have told you, had you bothered to read it). Again, several people answered. Yet again, not a word of acknowledgement from you.

And you then followed up with yet another thread (this one) on whether Rally and Quick Recovery are any good. How many more threads are we going to have on this? Can we expect a new thread on whether Onslaught is any good, followed by threads on the shield passives, Colossus Form, Battle Standard, Dual Wielding, the Battle Awareness Tree, Shield Charge, Batter?

Which part of "there is a Conq guide in the Almost Full Guides Compendium" or "there is a TitanCalc already in the Mainstream TitanCalc Compendium" are you not getting? Or is it beneath your dignity to find the thread yourself, and you consequently demand that answers be given to you in your thread?

When people give you advice, try taking it. When they point you to a Conq guide, try reading it. Try thanking them for pointing you in the right direction. Try to avoid making sarcastic follow-up posts if your question isn't answered within the time frame that you demand. When you do these things, you may find that people will warm to you a bit more. Not just on this forum, but in life in general.

Internet bad ass, watch out guys.

Dude just chill out and play the game. This is a peaceful community we have here with all the information at your fingertips, take some effort and look around, you don't need to start another desert storm on these forums, calm down.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

lol dude, Irma points you in the right direction and you instantly attack him?

Even if you're not gonna take the time to use the search function, or browse the builds compendium for conq advice, the least you could do is take advice when it's given. It was given. This wasn't merely a "Use search, it's been covered." He pointed you specifically to a thread

I cannot believe I saw the day when Irma2 lost patience to explain same things over and over again. I used to try to help and answer questions like these, until I realized every 4-5 days a thread like "I'm trying out Slayer/Conqueror/xyz, any advice" materialize over and over again. It's pointless.
    Stay cool
    And for person that asked the question - just play the game, it's best advice out there, I always try to clear game alone or at least be end game before asking for advices. I remember my friend's face when I told him I didn't use Onslaught at all with my very first Conqueror all the way to Egypt . Hey, it worked for me
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Asheron View Post
    I cannot believe I saw the day when Irma2 lost patience to explain same things over and over again. I used to try to help and answer questions like these, until I realized every 4-5 days a thread like "I'm trying out Slayer/Conqueror/xyz, any advice" materialize over and over again. It's pointless.
    Stay cool
    And for person that asked the question - just play the game, it's best advice out there, I always try to clear game alone or at least be end game before asking for advices. I remember my friend's face when I told him I didn't use Onslaught at all with my very first Conqueror all the way to Egypt . Hey, it worked for me
    There's some people who DO use onslaught on their first char...but they don't put it on left mouse button, instead they actually cast it!

Can you imagine????
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

@johnn9977:
    Be glad that this here is about the most patient and friendly community ever. I myself am a moderator on a Linux support forum and for your kind of behaviour, you'd already have gotten some mild warnings, a handful of sharp reprimands and probably even a temporary posting suspension (not counting the expected truckload of "lmgtfy"-posts from other users).
    Here, on the other hand, a veteran user even takes the time to write an extensive bit about proper behaviour in a really calm tone without insulting or otherwise flaming you.

So keep it friendly and all of us will too.
    "I don't need a nicotine patch, Penny - I smoke cigarettes."

Quote Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
    There's some people who DO use onslaught on their first char...but they don't put it on left mouse button, instead they actually cast it!

Can you imagine????
    Heh, I have to try that sometime
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast