Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spellcasting Inanimate Objects?

Spellcasting Inanimate Objects?

Bit of a tricky question - I'm messing around trying to get an obelisk (the ones from egypt) to cast a volley of fireballs at a target. I've messed with different skills like projectilefan and projectileburst - burst doesn't work at all, fan causes the obelisk to shoot in one direction and not at a target.

So I tested the attackskill used by the rogue trap. Doesn't work at all (projectileburst template), but on the trap, of course it fires at targets.

For anyone who still visits -

is this an animation problem? I'm guessing it is missing a callback or something but I honestly have no clue.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Solved.

Went into the viewer after following munderbunny's tutorial on attachments, stuck some things onto the obelisk mesh, saved. Went into tamaschi's animation callback editor, added some callbacks, BAM. works like a charm.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

``

Yeap. As you probably found, the problem is that objects have no "hand" or whatever to attack from, so their projectiles usually end up in Limbo/the Ground.
    They can only do AoEs unless you edit them.

P.S. Nevermind, just saw this was from 28th of May.
    Last edited by Violos; 07-28-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Yeah already solved