Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there

Hi there

Hi.
    I just started playing TQIT this weak and im enjoying very much. Im a Soothsayer and im half way through 1o act i think.
    Im reading this forum for a few days already searching for some doubts i might have.
    Were can i open a thread with newbie questions when i cant find the answer elsewhere?
    One think that is bugging me now is that i have wolves maxed (noobs go for max right away when they like something ) and i just can summon 2, despite i already read somewhere that we can cast 3 somehow. Hows that?

Sorry about my poor english, im Portuguese.
    Sheers.

hi and welcome to the forum i advise you download the fa patch as it will make ravenges of time work along with other skills and broken quest rewards

as for posting question if its bout skills then in the skills and stratergies section if its bout a class build then in the masteries if bout general gameplay then in the gameplay

you get 3 wolfs if you can get them to level 18 using +skill items or mastery shrines such as a wanderers amulet or stonebinder cuffs (the stonebinder cuffs are relatively rare being that they are a onster infrequent)

hope that helps if you need to know anythng dont be affraid to ask cos no doubt deffboy, Irma, Meadea Fleecestealer or any of the other very knowledgable people will be happy to answer
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Nightmare14, you're being too modest.

You'll find some useful threads in the Skills and Strategies section. Have a read of the Tips and Advice for Newbies to help you understand the game better and also have a look at the Almost Full Builds Compendium which lists many build possibilities for the available masteries in TQIT. Again, they will help you understand why certain skills are worth maxing and what ones aren't really that good and give you an indication of how to progress your character through the levels.

There are many items in the game that can give you +1, +2 to all skills (+3 from Legendary Stonebinder's Cuffs if you're lucking enough to have any drop) and +1 or +2 to a particular mastery. So you could look for yellow (and rarer green) Wanderer's staffs for a +1, necklace/amulet for Wanderer (+1) or Druid (+2), Hallowed Circlets/Diadems for +1, Divine necklace (+1 to all) and blue/purple items which also give plus skills to a mastery or to both masteries to help you reach that +4 goal.

And I second Nightmare14's recommendation to download and install the fanpatch. You'll find it in the Fanpatch Projects section of the forum. As well as fixing most of the problems in the game, there are some items that will only drop with it installed. TQDefiler is recommended for its RNG and Slow Cast fixes and TQVault for unlimited storage possibilities for all that lovely loot you're going to collect.

how am i being modest? lol you deffboy irma violos and couple others are always first to jump and help people out and give great advise
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Thank you guys.
    I already read the tips for newbies and have a good look on threads to plan my biuld.
    Didnt knew about those +skills, that looks great. I went to see my loot, but i only have one +1 for defence.
    I have many questions, but they are from very different areas. Im gonna post them here, because i think they might be very easy to answer and it woulda be a wast to open a thread for every one.

1- The number on the attribute only matter for the kind of gear i can use? Because i add some attributes and i dont see any change in attack, defence... So im only (+) when i need more points to use some gear.
    2- What kind of items should i pick up? There are so much things showing up that im loosing the patience to have a look on all of them. I already have some greens and 1 or 2 blues, and those i always pick up. Most of the time with yellows i only have a look if the name looks different or if it has 3/4 names. Im afraid of letting good things behind. Whats your strategy for pickings? Greens and blues should be always stored on transfer armor?
    3- What are the secondary resistances? In primary i have some resistances, but secondary everything 0%. Whats that?
    4- Whats the difference between charms and shards? I never know were i can use one or the other? It has to be with the kind of gear? And when you use them? Only when they are complete? Or when you have a gear that you will use for long for sure? I have some wraps with complete boar hide, but they are outdated now, they are only "competitive" because of the boar hide. But it looks kinda expensive to split and use the boar hide on a new ones.
    5- What is/means life leech on gear?
    6- Its the offensive ability important for a caster?
    7- As a caster when enemies get close what should my strategy be? Run for your life or change to "secondary gear" and hold on with a shield an spear (kinda weak shield because im not strong).
    8- After the end of normal to start epic we can start there fresh with a new character? I mean, epic its like a hard difficulty? Or he will be smashed? Or we should go with the same guy we used on normal? Will he be too overpowered?

Well, thats it for now. TY in advance.

1) For a Soothsayer you should only be putting attribute points into intelligence and some into dexerity, you don't need strength and you should get enough health/energy from maxing out the masteries.
    2) Early on yellows are better than whites obviously, then greens will start to appear followed by blues then purples. Generally you'll want to move up from yellows to greens, after that it's a question of whether changing a green item for a blue/purple one gains you more than you might lose. Sometimes a blue/purple item may give you better damage/DPS, but reduce your resistances to the minimum so it might be better to stick with the green item. Remember you can't socket blue/purple items with relics/charms while you can with the other colours so green items socketed with relics/charms might prove to be much better than than blue/purple items. If you haven't already I'd advise installing TQVault which will allow you to store the stuff you'll collect in multiple vaults that you create and name yourself. The caravan storage will fill up very quickly once you get greens and up starting to appear and it's a shame to sell those items that another character might be able to use. Although it's not accessible in-game, it's easy to swop items between your characters/caravan via the Vault. You'll find it in the Tools section of the forum if I remember correctly.
    3. Secondary resistances are bleeding, vitality/life, energy, stun and skill disruption. Again you will find items that will boost these resistances for you. A Demon's Blood charm will give resistance to vitality damage and stun for example.
    4. You can use both relics and charms and there's no real difference between them except for the benefits they provide. Relics come in 3 parts, charms in 5 parts. They are limited only by level requirement and sometimes the type of item they can be socketed into. They are also used to make up Artifacts at the Enchanter. You can socket a piece into an item by right clicking on the relic/charm then moving the pointer to the item you want to socket it into, then say yes to confirm. You add additional pieces in the same way until a relic/charm is complete. Use them when/if you need them; if you are lacking in poison resistance then try to find Pristine Plummage charm pieces to socket into a piece of armour for example. You cannot mix pieces from Normal, Epic and Legendary though. Yes, it can be expensive to separate relics/charms from gear which is why it's good, though boring, to pick up things like yellows to sell. Things get VERY expensive in the shops in Legendary too, you'll need around 30 to 50+ million as a cushion because a couple of really good greens will reduce that to around 5 mil or less. I usually pick up everything in the early levels until I build up a good pile of cash then reduce that down to only picking up greens, blues and purples. Don't forget to expand the caravan storage to full size will take 510,000 for the two expansions alone.
    5. Life leech I believe means you will leech life/health from an enemy at a flat rate per second for so many seconds, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    6. Again I'm not sure on the OA side of things for casters so hopefully someone else will be able to answer that definitely for you.
    7. You'll struggle if you try to split too many attribute points between strength, intelligence and dexterity. Stick with mage gear and run for it! It tends to be part of the game for most of us and is a very useful strategy, allowing you to recover health/energy if necessary and avoid retaliation attacks from foes.
    8. No you keep the same character all the way through all 3 difficulties: Normal, Epic and Legendary. However, there's nothing in the game to stop you from having more than one character at a time, indeed I've got around 25 to 30 on the go at the moment with only my Conqueror having reached the end of Legendary. If you want you can even have another Soothsayer or two or more; it will have no effect on the Soothsayer you're playing now.

Hope this long missive helps. Any more questions just ask.

Nightmare14 - because you're just as helpful and knowledgeable as me. And I'm in awe of the others.

Thanks for all the effort answering.
    1- Yes im adding only intelligence. But what i want to know is if for example if i have 120 Int i make X damage with one staff, for the same staff if i have 130 Int i make X+Y damage? Or some other characteristic raised by bigger intelligence..
    2- Gona install the vault now.
    3- "Secondary resistances are bleeding, vitality/life, energy, stun and skill disruption. Again you will find items that will boost these resistances for you." Im a bit confused because the primary resistances are the same kind of resistances!
    4- I already expanded once (10k). 500K its way too much for me now to spend on that (the better items i have now only worth like 10k). With the vault i suppose thats not very important. Things cost millions on legendary!?
    6- Anyone?
    7- OK. I want to know if i can start one character right on epic instead of normal, to have a harder experience next time. Or we cant start epic with a 0XP character? Or its just impossible to kill something because the monster on epic are made to fight character that made it through normal already?

"TQDefiler is recommended for its RNG and Slow Cast fixes"
    What means RNG? I couldn't find that tool in the forum..

1. Try this next time you have attribute points to add. Look at the righthand middle part of the character screen where it says Average Damage, Attack Speed and Damage Per Second (DPS). Then put a point into intel, you should see the Average Damage and DPS increase. As your intel goes up these figures will also go up. It will be only a point or two, not a big increase.
    2. Good, it will come in useful once you start getting further along in the game and collect more items.
    3. Primary resistances are Fire, Cold, Lightning, Poison and Pierce. Again they can be boosted by items/gear you'll find along the way.
    4. That's why I collect whites and yellows early game.
    7. No you cannot start a character in Epic or Legendary. All characters have to start in Normal.

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It something to do with how drops work in the game; I can't really explain it because I'm not technically savvy, but the game is unbalanced with regard to this. Using the RNG Fix in the TQDefiler program helps to balance it out.

Nightmare14, Irma2, anyone else can help with more on 5 (Life Leech on gear does what), 6 (OA applies to casters) and the RNG queries? I've exhausted my small/nil stock of knowledge on these.

You helped a lot already
    3- I think the images of the resistances in primary and secondary are the same so i thought they were the same.
    4- Im collecting some yellows, the ones i think might be stronger ($$), but i dont have patience to pic lots of them and be all the time getting back to villages to trade. I think im finding better gear than the ones i can buy, so im not desperate for money.

Any idea were i can find TQDefiler?

Its this http://tq.soulseekkor.com/downloads.html ?
    For what i read thats for editing the game.. It brings some changes to the game already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast