Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: support character: only purpose is to reduce resistances

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    .... (like, attacking, not mooning or insulting people) ....
    that made me laught

@the fallen one, thanks i think i might actually try that seen ive never used Earth, but it does really seem like EE has much radius with everything ive read you pretty much need the pets standing ontop of you for it to applyto them?
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Olympian God
    If you don't want to go Nature, then there is little in the game that will debuff as well as an Oracle with:

Fingerbone of Boreas
    Archmage's Clasp
    Polaris
    Two Socrates of... rings with MKT

If all of those proc on Ternion shots, you'll get roughly -150 resistances, plus whatever Obscured Visibility and the LK's Soul Blight take off as well. So that's considerably more than double the debuffing power of Sapros.

I wouldn't go for the Frail and the Fragile. Sure, you're guaranteed -47 resistances but nothing much other than that. With Archmage's and Socrates/MKT, you will get up to -59 plus +% Int and attack speed and casting speed and -recharge. If you can find a Socrates of Supremacy and you choose the DA completion bonus of MKT, you will get around 160 DA as well from each ring.

With base Dex of around 200, 320 DA from two rings, another 144 DA from Vestment of the Overlord and another 336 from Coronal of the Abyss, you'll get 1k DA. Toss in Loratian Greaves for a bit more DA and +1 to all skills, or Demonskin Walkers for +1 and some nice resistances, and the toon should be hardy enough to get in close and use Necrosis and Ternion spam. You also get two sources of damage resistance - Ravages of Time and another 10% from Vestment.

With Fingerbone, Vestment and Loratian/Demonskin, you'll have +3 to all skills and +5 to Storm, make that +6 if you use Effigy of Skyfire as well. You will only reach +3 in Spirit which isn't critical. If you don't need such high DA and really want that final +skill in Spirit then you could swap out Coronal of the Abyss for Crown of Dockma'Ar or a Hallowed of ... socketed with Cunning of Odysseus.

An Oracle with that equipment needn't be only a debuffer. It will do substantial damage too. Fingerbone is the Sapros of staves.

thanks for the advise Irma
    but i want to be dealing next to nothing in the way of damage for my toon but have pets or team mates to support with debffing
    i suppose with oracle i could buff the lich and the wisp pretty well with unearthly power, just ill have to find way of getting health regen up to atleast 40 like i have on one of my soothsayers and diviners...
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

The Friendly Barman
    I've found the radius on EE isn't that small. You have to be fairly close to your pets, but if you have the Core Dweller already aggroing the mobs you shouldn't be too concerned about distance.

fair enough thanks The Fallen One

Priest
    EE range shouldn't be a problem if you don't mind setting your pets to normal AI instead of aggressive. There's also the Illusionist and the Brigand.

how would the brigand and illusoinist deliver massive resistance reduction with doing little damage?

there reason ive only put in one point in tenrion is because it significantly reduces the damage you do so it would be safe to use fingerbone without dealing too much damage but still getting the resistance reduction

Priest
    Flurry of Knives.

ah ok cool,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12