Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rickmaru

Rickmaru

Hello!
    I'm new here, kind of obvious, and I'm playing for about a month.
    My hightest char is lvl 32 and I decided to register in this forum because of the variety of this game. It's even better than Dungeon Siege 2, a game that I played a lot. They have their diferences, but TQ is my favorite now.
    A question: do you guys play on http://www.gameranger.com/?
    I did not downloaded yet, if you can give some advice on the software.
    By the way, I'm brazilian, sorry about the bad english.

See ya.

Just use the game servers if you wanna play online, the game servers still work fine.

As for DS2 - nice comparison, no one ever SPEAKS of DS2. (i love that game!)
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Demigod
    Damn, DS2? It's been so long

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Glad you could find us here! It's a great community with a ton of information for newbies and veterans alike. Also, try out some of our great mods! Violos, amgoz and a few others are working through amazing mods, while you may like some that have already been released (Underlord and Paths are two great ones)

Anyways, welcome again!

Dark

Thanks. I'm looking forward to play one of these mods. A question: They show on the 'custom game' option right? They do not mess up my original game?
    Sory, bed inglish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmaru View Post
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to play one of these mods. A question: They show on the 'custom game' option right? They do not mess up my original game?
    Depends.

Underlord/Soulvizier rewrites the game files themselves, rather than using custom map files, so it will use the main game mode. However if you use your original characters, they will be wiped clean.

Asylumsmod, Destinies, Paths, Masteries, use the custom map menu, however it "bounces" and returns you back to the main game menu, do NOT use one of the existing characters, create a new one for the mod.

Unless the mod says a specific map name, like "Lilith" (asyluth, pathsLilith, DestiniesLilith, MAsteriesLilith all use this map), it will most likely "bounce" the player.

Rule for playing mods:
    If its a skill mod, do NOT use a character from vanilla TQIT OR another mod, it WILL be wiped.

TQIT can only support 9 masteries at a time, if you are playing with a character that has a mastery that ISN'T from the mod, it will be unrecognized and removed.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Demigod
    Quote Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
    Depends.

Underlord/Soulvizier rewrites the game files themselves, rather than using custom map files, so it will use the main game mode. However if you use your original characters, they will be wiped clean.

Asylumsmod, Destinies, Paths, Masteries, use the custom map menu, however it "bounces" and returns you back to the main game menu, do NOT use one of the existing characters, create a new one for the mod.

Unless the mod says a specific map name, like "Lilith" (asyluth, pathsLilith, DestiniesLilith, MAsteriesLilith all use this map), it will most likely "bounce" the player.

Rule for playing mods:
    If its a skill mod, do NOT use a character from vanilla TQIT OR another mod, it WILL be wiped.

TQIT can only support 9 masteries at a time, if you are playing with a character that has a mastery that ISN'T from the mod, it will be unrecognized and removed.
    On that last note, soulvizier, paths (if I'm not mistaken), masteries and UL use different masteries. So, if you get any of these, you will need to start a new toon

Thanks for help.
    Sory, bed inglish.