Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What RMB is best for a Champion?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Standard

0 0%
  • War Horn

2 20.00%
  • Plague

6 60.00%
  • Other (please specify)

2 20.00%

Thread: Champion Right click options

Champion Right click options

Hi everyone, I am wanting to start a dual weild toon and I am leaning toward making a Champion. my question is what should I have as a RMB?

here is roughly what I am thinking of putting together http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...10-0-0-0-6-6-0, I don't want wolves because I cant spare the points and I figure the Nymph will provide ranged support for me. Besides my ranger has wolves so I want a change.
    Last edited by BeRad; 04-23-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: redundant info
    Ranger guide
    Build Compendium of the Immortals
    I'll lift you and you lift me, and we'll both ascend together.
    - John Greenleaf Whittier

Olympian God
    Onslaught.

Plague, because Battle Standart and Warhorn are perfectly usable from keyboard, they don't need targeting.

And concerning your build - why do you need Regrowth if you're not using wolves? I think this skill is only semi-useful for a full petmaster that stays in the back and shoots his staff/bow while healing his pets, it doesn't provide much to a melee fighter.

This build would suit better a champion with Nymph http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-0-6-0-0-6-6-0

i usually put BS on #1 because you can just push it and BS will pop up where your standing
    i set up controls so that the mouse will is assigned to the 8th slot on the skill bar and have plague assigned to that
    and warhorn on RMB

so in short war horn for RMB :P
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Olympian God
    Champion without Wolves doesn't make much sense. With the +% Total Speed and +% Damage boosts of Strength of the Pack, Wolves essentially double a Champ's damage output.

I also agree with jaelrin that BS and War Horn are best on the keyboard as neither skill can be aimed. Plague or War Wind would thus be the better option for a second mouse skill as both need to be aimed. Although I'd still have Onslaught on RMB and use the LMB for the second skill. Onslaught works beautifully on RMB and allows you to just hold down the button and move the cursor from one target to the next rather than clicking on each one.

If you're committed to Onslaught on LMB and Regrowth (despite not having any pets to heal), then Regrowth would work best on RMB. When you want healing, you want it fast. Although I'd still rather rely on potions and use my precious skill points to max out my other skills. Spending 29 skill points on an alternative for cheap and abundant health potions isn't very efficient imo. Even my petmaster builds neglect to max out the Regrowth tree. It doesn't save the pets in late Normal and they generally don't need it in Epic & Legendary.

Thanks for the tips guys, I was planing to use regrowth for multiplay but now that you point it out it's not going to be worth the points (my friends can just fend for themselves lol).
    Sould I leave battle rage out? It seemed essential to me.
    Ranger guide
    Build Compendium of the Immortals
    I'll lift you and you lift me, and we'll both ascend together.
    - John Greenleaf Whittier

1 point in battle rage is all you need
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

War wind on right mouse button FTW . War wind is the difference between life & death against packs of act IV archers imo, especially in epic and legendary. Irma2's suggestion of onslaught for RMB is interesting, but I don't mind the incessant clicking on targets required when you use the LMB .