Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help need it in transfering all of my vaults into a new computer.

help need it in transfering all of my vaults into a new computer.

hi guys , i need help ,i dont know much about computers so , any way im planning to buy a new computer mine is 7 yrs old, but i dont want to lose all the staff i got in my vaults, so when i reinstall TQ VAULT again how do i go about transfering all of my vaults into the new computer, please give me simple , easy to understand steps as to how to do the transfer, once i reinstall TQ VAULT in my new pc, thanks for your help

when you install the new comp, and you have to enter a user name in windows, type exactly the same username as it is now (like 'Administrator' or whatever you chose, because that makes things more simple.

if you have win xp:
    c:\documents and settings\username\documents\my games
    (win7 is a bit different, you can find the win7-path somewhere in the forum)

now you only have to back up this 'my games' directory (save it on a flash drive or dvd), and after you install windows and tq(it), copy your backed up folder to the same place

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBast View Post
    when you install the new comp, and you have to enter a user name in windows, type exactly the same username as it is now (like 'Administrator' or whatever you chose, because that makes things more simple.

if you have win xp:
    c:\documents and settings\username\documents\my games
    (win7 is a bit different, you can find the win7-path somewhere in the forum)

now you only have to back up this 'my games' directory (save it on a flash drive or dvd), and after you install windows and tq(it), copy your backed up folder to the same place
    , my mistake i think i did not said it right , what im trying to do is to transfer the vaults files to a new computer after i install the game ,as well as the tq vault program, im not trying to install my saved games , only my vaults from TQ VAULT.

then back up this folder:
    c:\documents and settings\username\documents\my games\titan quest

install win, install tq(it), install tqvault

and copy your backed up folder into its place

Is there a way to back up your characters when doing a fresh install of the game, too?

Even characters that have been modified with Defiler and Allskins?

If you're just reinstalling TQIT on the same system then there's nothing to backup as the uninstaller doesn't touch your MyGames folder... As for the modified chars: Reinstalling defiler and allskins should be enough (IIRC)

My Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
    - Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett

Thanks!