Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Pet Army for Underlord?

Traveler

Best Pet Army for Underlord?

Hi. I want a pet army hero. I know the best mastery is Nature.

Which of these work?
    Nature+Warfare
    I want to try Banner+Pets. I'm not sure how good this will work though. And i'm pretty sure it has no other uses, maybe except for 3 wolf summons without any +skill items.
    Nature+Defense
    I know this isn't quite the pet army, it's a small army but your hero tanks while pets deal their damage. Really good cause you don't need to summon them often.
    Nature+Necro
    I have no idea how the new necromancy sphere works, i just know it's pet based in Underlord.
    Nature+Rouge
    Could make a great use of the traps and daggers. Though rouge traps has been replaced here with some dark demon thingies which I honestly have no idea what they do (never got to play them, only use rouge+hunter for the poison). The hunter+nature doesn't sound as good. You get traps and that call but that's it. The call isn't that great either.
    Nature+Earth
    Good AoE and tanky pets. I personally hate those pets though as they taunt and take all the damage, but aren't though enough to tank it all. I can support them with heals and summon tehm again, yea, but the earth sphere is a pretty mana hungry and can't be easily sustained.
    Nature+Dream
    Has some pretty nifty AoE CC+a very nice pet. But that's it.

Actually the best pet mastery is Spirit.

Unfortunately pets suck in Titan Quest they require lot of skills and +skills items to make any use of them and most of them lose their effectiveness in Act 3/4.

Nature+Warfare i played that character for some time and even with pet based gear and 100% recharge i was summoning battle standard all time + synergy from Dryad they are just not strong enough you will find yourself in big troubles against bosses and some hero monsters normal monsters are piece of cake because you will just stun them all time with war horn + they take reduced life from doom horn.

I dont recommend this character if you dont have items for him because most likely you will quit and start from beginning.

Nature+Defense

Same as in mastery above pets are not good to deal damage you are there to deal dmg and they to tank this character is better if you manage to get 100 recharge and then use collosus form all time it need lot of planning for your attributes and very specific items because of huge energy cost but this make you nearly immortal the most annoying part is when you need to go trough doors and you need to wait that colossus form wore off.

It can be played other way without spaming colossus but i like it with constant colossus.

Nature+Necro

Shaman is great class surely look like awesome pet class but it is not like that because you need highest amount of skills to get use of them this one could work because of your reducing capabilities + you can spam outsider and force of nature all time and liche king can deal some serious dmg with his reducing life and res skills but in end you will most likely change on bone spire because it is really easy to get 100% recharge with this character that combo can make you nearly immortal thanks to bone spire life leech and nature bless dmg absorption.

Nature+Rogue

Didn't tryed this character yet but i dont think you would be effecttive because you would lack dmg your survivabilty would be very good but dmg will be problem both are support mastery.

Hunter+nature

Have this guy but he isnt pet master because i feel there is much better skills to take then pets you would just waste his potential going pets route.Hunting is very strong on its own and nature just make it better.

Nature+Dream

Not going to work as pet master..
    Last edited by Diabolist; 04-20-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Current Characters

Warlock Lv 65,Diabolist LV 73 - Harrowing Build,Revenant LV 60 - Melle,Revenant LV 66 - Mage,Barbarian LV 71, Hoplite LV 67 ,Conqueror LV 71 ,Archon LV 59 ,Dreadnaught LV 63 ,Executioner LV 62 ,Juggernaut LV 70,Geomancer LV 64, Druid LV 61

Traveler
    What about Spirit+Defense/Warfare?

Same as all masterys it not going to work pets are there to tank and distract an you are for dmg they are not supposed to be your main dmg source.

I played Revenant as mage for some time using summons i had 100% recharge and just used war horn all time most dmg would come from life reducing pets would just finish stunned enemy's against bosses only who can help you is Liche King/Outsider if bosses are in range of your debuff auras and you would just kill them with ternion/bone spire.

Dreadnaught is not good pet master because you dont have nothing to make them stronger except that aura(forgot name) but it dont do much anyway to keep them alive.He is very cool character if you manage to get strong axe/hammer with Colossal/Veteran prefix and Harrowing suffix which is very hard to get or Animus from antapest which is nearly impossible .

If you wish create hamachy account send me message here and i will transfer you animus from legendary that drooped for me and some others cool items.
    Current Characters

Warlock Lv 65,Diabolist LV 73 - Harrowing Build,Revenant LV 60 - Melle,Revenant LV 66 - Mage,Barbarian LV 71, Hoplite LV 67 ,Conqueror LV 71 ,Archon LV 59 ,Dreadnaught LV 63 ,Executioner LV 62 ,Juggernaut LV 70,Geomancer LV 64, Druid LV 61

Act 4 normal is the hardest part of the whole game for pet builds, Pets get a huge boost in epic and a second huge boost in legendary that actually put them on par with the monsters you're fighting at the end of the act instead of way behind like in normal. Any pet class is going to have to have something to fall back on once pets start becoming worthless starting at the end of act 2 normal. Nature/Warfare-Defence can fall back to Standard melee with greater health pools massive self healing and a great AOE slow from plague. Spirit/Occult-Dream-Earth can massively overspec into their AOE damage auras and melt the enemies to get past the hurdle. Spirit + Nature is probably better off spammng bonespires and faeries