Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [in progress] melee diviner guide

Post [in progress] melee diviner guide

ok so i just finished normal with my diviner and forgot to write everything up from act 2 to the end of normally for the guide :/ sorry

but good news is a better guide then i could ever put together is located here, written up by essjayehm

[can a moderator or someone remove the pic attachments on this post please]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nightmare14; 04-26-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yes, it's always useful to have another build to add to the Almost Full Builds Compendium. Plus I like to read different people's ideas on how things work in the game. And someone is just now asking about a melee diviner build in the Classes section. So go for it.

Be my guest.

I wouldnt mind reading a guide like that

alright cool ill start making one real soon
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)

Priest
    Do it.It can only help and make the forum richer with info

You don't need to ask for permission to write a guide, just do it and we'll critique you later
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

My only suggestion would be to make sure your guide uses self-found items and not items twinked from higher-level toons or ShopMI or something like that. Recently, there were some guides posted using ShopMI items and uber-godly Uniques that are only available in Legendary. These guides were unrealistic and were attempted to be passed off as "legitimate," but the items recommended were virtually impossible to find unless you cheat, hack items or use ShopMI. So, for a truly legitimate guide that actually helps players, I'd try to avoid this. If you want to recommend end-game gear at some point, that's fine--it gives the player something to farm for--but it's more helpful if you build your guide around items the player can find himself as he progresses.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    True, defboy99. It's great to know what's good for the end Big Man, but sometimes it would help to have an idea of what would be good to look for while you're working through the game. A few guides do give recommendations for lower levels, but most unfortunately don't.

I don't have a problem with using things from my Vault so self-found only isn't a big thing for me, but even so it's nice to know what the person who wrote the builds found useful in the way of items on the way, rather than just at the end. Fozzie's Bladefinger Magician is a good guide for that, although the build is very gear dependent so it does need that sort of info. And my Vault is nowhere near full yet, so there are probably a lot of useful items that I haven't found yet so if a guide mentions them then if I want to farm for them I can. But if the info isn't there, then you don't know what to look for.

yeah thats what im gonna do deffboy

main reason im making the guide is not only to help the forum but also so that i have reason to not twink my characters, ive gotten bored of doing that but i cant stop unless i have a specific reason to dont know why though lol

so yeah this is the perfect way to make a charatcer without twinking cos now i have reason to not twink

and i dont use those programs only thing i use is vault and defiler, the defiler is pretty much just to show damage freeze time of day and for that super flying bodies mod just for laughs

also do you guys think alright if i make this guide using xmax mod or should i just make it using the vanila tq
    Last edited by Nightmare14; 04-07-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast