Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Ideas

Traveler

New Ideas

I loved the Zangband game on my Amiga & have also enjoyed playing Titan's Quest.
    What is the point of collecting all that money?In Zangband you could go to a gambling building & either double your bet or lose.You also had a black market building that sold the hard to get hold of items but at a ridiculous price.
    Taking a break from all the fighting,looting & plundering.In Zangband you could mine for gold.In torchlight you could fish.
    Limitations.I hate being limited on what you can do in a game.If you have improved your suit of armour the option should be available that you can improve it further.In Titan's Quest when a token says it can improve all armour,weapons or amulets then it should mean "all"!Torchlight has an interesting system with gems,you could combine the gemstones to make more powerful ones.
    Altars,pay your respect to the Gods.An option to present a gift to the Gods,will they curse you or bless you?
    Just some ideas that would make Titan's QQuest better to play.

In case you didn't notice, Titan Quest is long dead and the developer's cannot update the game any more.

Altars - they are in the game already. Battlemarker, healing shrine, regen shrine, xp shrine, etc.

Artifacts also bestow the player with powers from the Gods (most are named after a deity)

Mining isn't possible, nor fishing. Cool but it can't work with the engine.

Titan Quest to TL - bad comparison because TL is as shallow as a puddle when it comes to ARPGs. You can upgrade gear to a point - one socket is all you can add to each item because that's how the game was designed. There's no point upgrading further because whats the point? With one socket you can nearly become god by end game with the right setup.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Traveler
    Many thanks for your response.I can see so many similarities between Titans Quest & Zangband.Although Titans Quest has excellent graphics,Zangband gameplay is unbelievably deep.I would like to see both games somehow merge.Is the program machine for Titans Quest legally owned?Can a programmer manipulate it in some way & release it under public domain?
    Zangband featured just a town above ground with shops to tool up with & spend money & then (to the best of my knowledge)100 random levels down.Each even level contained a quest where you had to hunt & kill a certain number of species which you were rewarded a quest item.
    I think it would be the greatest dungeon romp ever.You would have scrolls,potoins & staffs that are "unidentified items" until used.You could also feature characters in the game like Gollum,Farmer Maggot & Fang & of course unlimited armour,weapons,amulets & necklaces upgrade.

You'd have to mod it in yourself, the modding community for TQIT can be counted on one hand, the amount of ACTIVE modders is even less.

And the TQIT engine is legally owned by THQ iirc. And they will not respond to any of your emails.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

If you've got ideas the Grim Dawn forums would be a better place to have them heard (Grim Dawn being built with the TQ engine by some of the same people).