Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low level green gear

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yes, it's definitely a really good early fire Staff. I've only got one normal and that's a Sanguine, but I also have a L26 Noxious, a L28 Summoner's and a L36 of Trickery Staffs of the Magi. The nice thing is, if you can also get a Prometheus' Flame relic on it, it's a Staff that can take you a long way into the game before you need to think of upgrading. My Bladefinger Magician has the Sanguine and a Glowing Rod for boss fights and I don't expect to change them until I get close to Egypt at the earliest.

Just hoping the Charm and Hood are kind enough to make an appearance soon.

The charm and hood seem to be quite a bit more scarce than the staves, unfortunately. I've probably got 30 or 40 staves vaulted, but only 6 or 8 hoods, and 3 charms if I recall correctly . I'll keep my fingers crossed for you finding them faster than I did .

I've recently found an early green in act 2 (normal) on my newly started brigand.

Amulet of the Cat

+12% Total Speed

Required Level: 18

I'm pretty satisfied with it. Apparently 'total' speed gives cast speed, attack speed and run speed. Didn't really know that untill I equipped it. :P

Yes, that's another nice fairly early game green and yes, it's speed increase on everything. I've got one that also gives +1 to Hunting as well as the speed increase which I'm going to equip on my Bown Charmer when he reaches that level. Also you could keep an eye out for a Divine Necklace/Medallion as that's a nice necklace as well - gives +1 to all skills.

I've also found a yellow item, Stormcallers Necklace it's called I think. I believe it's around lvl 10ish, not sure.

+1 to all skills in Storm mastery, I guess that's not a bad necklace to start with as a stormmage either :P.

Level 12 for that type of necklaces. They exist for all the classes so keep an eye out for them to put in your collection for your other toons to use. Also comes in a +2 version a bit later on, around level 25 and up and with different names. You'll also find staffs that do the same for a particular class and they are yellow as well.

And then there are the green versions of the staffs, but they are very rare. I have a green Shaman's Oak Totemic Staff of Fire which gives 33 Fire Damage, +1.1 Energy Regen per sec, +1 to all skills in Spirit Mastery, 6 Fire Damage, +8% Fire Damage. It's a level 12 item, but the intelligence requirement is 212 so not really easy to use it that early in the game.

Okay, I know I called this a low level green thread, but it just occurred to me to ask if anyone knows whether the Charm and Hood of the Magi also drop in Epic and Legendary? I know the Staff of the Magi does with higher specs, but I've never seen the Charm or Hood in anything apart from Normal difficulty iirc so have no idea whether they also drop with higher specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer View Post
    Okay, I know I called this a low level green thread, but it just occurred to me to ask if anyone knows whether the Charm and Hood of the Magi also drop in Epic and Legendary? I know the Staff of the Magi does with higher specs, but I've never seen the Charm or Hood in anything apart from Normal difficulty iirc so have no idea whether they also drop with higher specs.
    They do. The intelligence bonus is higher, cast speed and energy regen are the same.

Okay, great. Thanks for that flix. Another couple of things I've got to keep an eye out for.

Um, just realised I've been stupid. I could have checked that for myself by looking in the TQCollector. Brain is definitely turning to mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer View Post
    Okay, great. Thanks for that flix. Another couple of things I've got to keep an eye out for.

Um, just realised I've been stupid. I could have checked that for myself by looking in the TQCollector. Brain is definitely turning to mush.
    Yep, that's how I checked. The database also could have answered your original post. But it's more fun to converse about it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast