Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Earth Builds?

Greatest Earth Builds?

I have never used Earth before, what would be a fun Earth build? Not limited to caster, bow user or melee user; just want to know your opinions on the most fun and powerful Earth builds. Thanks!
    Need Side Quest Help? Click me!
    'Crooked banks around the world will gladly give a loan today; so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away'
    -Lupe Fiasco
    ----------------------------------End Of Line----------------------------------

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Well, I have't done a lot of Earth toons yet, but one I've just started is a Bladefinger Magician. It's a build Fozzie came up with and looks to be a lot of fun. I had one in TQIT on my old PC, but hadn't taken it very far before the machine crashed so I don't know how well it'll pan out in Epic and Legendary. It's a knife/caster build with Rogue as the primary mastery with Earth backing it up. It is pretty gear dependent so if you haven't got most of the items it might not be worth trying atm. You'll find the guide in the Rogue section, just search there for Bladefinger.

Probably Evoker (Earth + Dream), as pairing Dream with anything makes that class strong. You get a powerful caster with nice CC (Crowd Control) skills and you're not so squishy either, thanks to ToC and Dream passives.
    As for melee and range, Earth offers rather little, so I wouldn't classify those as best - it gives little to physical dmg classes and anything it can do as hybrid Storm can do better sadly (lack of flat fire dmg bonuses and Storm has better skills overall).
    As always, choice is up to you
    EDIT: My bad, I thought you asked most powerful, not most fun. Well, most fun depends solely on you, since we all have different tastes. Still, Evoker has lots of active skills, and I would classify any Rogue build as fun, just don't know will Magician hold it's ground in Legendary. Like I said, lack of flat fire damage.
    Last edited by Asheron; 04-03-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

ok, so earth is a very caster based mastery then?
    'Crooked banks around the world will gladly give a loan today; so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away'
    -Lupe Fiasco

Olympian God
    Yeah, Earth is in its element (pun intended) when played as either a pure mage (Conjurer, Evoker, Elementalist) or a semi-petmaster (Summoner). Trapper/Knifer Magician is fun too. The archer and melee variants aren't that great imo but can be solid.

Evoker is probably the most versatile Earth class as it can be played as pure Fire & EBD caster, RoF & ToW auramancer, Asylum's Freddie Krueger style EBD & Sleep, Str/Dex physical melee or Int/Dex Fire & EBD melee.

An interesting and unusual option is caster Avenger. Earth gets lots of Fire damage output but no debuffs. Hunting's Flush Out reduces elemental resistance so it would fill the one crucial shortfall which Earth casters suffer in Legendary.

Well yes... and no. Due to way Titan Quest works, choosing melee or archer mastery next to Earth makes it possible to play that way. For example, I have (low lvl) Battlemage (Warfare + Earth) that's gonna rely on pure physical damage and try to make Core Dweller good in melee as well. She won't be Slayer or Harbinger, but she's gonna be able to clear the game, and be tough with right gear (at least I hope that will be the case)
    Earth also does partly physical dmg in its spells, which is affected by +%Dmg, so it not a waste to invest there too.
    The only part I'm not sure about Earth is playing a hybrid, that is, melee/range character that inflicts fire dmg, since Prometheus Flame, the only relic with fire dmg, offers dot instead of flat fire. Fire itself gives none flat dmg as well (unlike Storm, which has great relics and good base damage skills).
    EDIT: Caster Avenger... Nice one, gonna have to try one of those. Maybe even stick to shield & spear for nice DA boost. With -requirements gear, I'm sure it's possible.
    Last edited by Asheron; 04-03-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

My level-66 knife magician is in legendary tower of judgement, farming the last two levels on xmax. Get some +% damage to demons and you'd flatten legions of them in seconds. She is one of the most fun characters I've ever played (as long as I forget about the hydra fight - worst fight ever). She does, however, has an arctic ring on one slot (though volcanic on the other). Not sure if that is considered against the spirit

Even if you don't have all the -recharge gears available, you could play the character as a fire mage with traps. Irma has written extensively on that, and I am indebted to him for the inspiration.

Caster Earth chars are superior to hybrid Earth chars. Earth hybrids (battlemage, juggernaut, avenger) are far from "bad" classes, but Earth favors having high intelligence and elemental damage to be able to sufficiently deal damage. Attached to a melee/archer class, it doesn't really shine as it would with a caster side class. (earth+dream or earth+spirit are OP)
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

oh wow. I made a new character with a plan to make it a Summoner, but id clear the Earth mastery first. Im playing the whole thing on xmax (had a few deaths, was going 0 until had an encounter with 3x Toxeus... not nice ) And at level 19 this is how I look: Summoner

Such good fun, I have the Glowing Rod weapon (lucky pickup from a Satyr Hero - I don't twink my characters), so Volcanic Orb is actually on level 3; but my main tactic is throw a VO, shoot with staff until they get close, cast Eruption and then go into Stone Form. Great fun, I am definitely going to take this guy a long way.

I hate Toxeus though
    -Lupe Fiasco

Admittedly, at a low level the Wolf is quite glassy, I may put a few more points there to get to level 7 (to get 2 wolves), but on the whole its a fun class
    -Lupe Fiasco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast