Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: couple question about Dream + Warfare

Olympian God
    Quote Originally Posted by Viron View Post
    i tried to lvl one skill of shield attack but the hit with the shield wasn't additional hit but replace the hit with the weapon
    Defense never hits with shield only, all shield attacks are weapon and shield.

To add to irma2's post:

It might not display visually that it hits with weapon and shield (e.g. I see my lvl 15 conquerer bashing his shield into a monsters face once in a while) but the game adds weapon and shield damage together in determining the damage done to the monster.

Using batter with a low damage weapon one hits the monsters, while a regular weapon swing needs 2-3 hits).
    Last edited by vletr; 04-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.

hmm ok thnx =]

but still can you people explain the difference between +dmg and + total dmg ?

dmg = physical
    total dmg = all damage types
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Citizen
    I'm testing Psionic Touch with TQ:IT 1.1 and the damage boost triggers every 3rd hit, not 4th. It will have no charges, then 1, 2, BOOM. Repeatedly.

I was wondering what was going on because I was trying to time the hits since everyone here was saying 4th, and the hits were coming early & I was like wait a minute, so I tested it.

Is it every 4th with the Fanpatch or something?

Ok now wait; just tested it again. Sometimes it triggers on the 4th, sometimes the 3rd. What gives? I'm doing single clicks, and it's random--either 3 or 4 hits...

Edit: ok wtf: sometimes it goes off on the 2nd hit And yes I'm counting correctly, and keeping my eye on the icon in the upper left corner of the screen. There seems to be random factors involved, or maybe specific conditions that trigger it early.

I've given up trying to time it onto certain mobs with full health & such; it's totally unreliable. Also, sometimes when it triggers, the mob's health bar only drops about equal to a normal hit. Then sometimes a much bigger drop. Seems like a pretty ghetto skill overall. But if you have a Templar I guess it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Thurick; 04-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.

What is your build? It procs every 4th hit, but for example shield hits count as two hits (you're hitting with both shield and the weapon).
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

------

Citizen
    Well I have Shield Charge equipped and use it, but I of course didn't use it during the test. But I also have a point in Shield Smash and a point in Disable. When activated by chance, do those count as shield hits toward the Psionic Touch tally? I guess I assumed only the manually activated shield attacks counted as hits. Those two percentage-based automatic attacks could account for what I thought was a discrepancy (and would make Psionic Touch better than I thought).

All shield attacks hit with the shield and the weapon. So if Shield Smash or Disable procs, those count as two hits because you are doing two hits.

------

Citizen
    With all shield passives disabled, repeated testing has shown that Shield Charge does not count as two attacks toward a Psionic Touch tally. In fact, a Shield Charge doesn't even count as ONE attack toward a tally. This is evidenced in two ways:

(1) With Psionic Touch reset to zero (no icon in upper left corner), and after a Shield Charge, I still have to swing four times for Psionic Touch to go off.
    (2) With Psionic Touch reset to zero, and after a Shield Charge, the Psionic Touch icon does not appear in the upper left corner.

Curious how you guys came up with the double attack/tally thing. Is this with a patch later than the standard TQ: IT 1.1?

Test it yourself and see. If your test is different, then we have a mystery on our hands, or a different patch yields different results.

Edit: tested with Calculated Strike with same results.
    Last edited by Thurick; 04-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.

You are right Thurick, Psionic Touch will only gain charges if the skill is used in an attack. When you use Shield Charge you are using a different skill, you don't even get one charge.
    The 3 passive shield procs will give you two charges only if you would normally get one charge in that attack (so when the attack was with Psionic Touch).
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12