Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Diablo 2 Immortal Challenge #1

Hybrid View

Cool Diablo 2 Immortal Challenge #1

Alright!
    Now that D2I has been out for a while, people have been playing a lot, and finding some of the bonus content, it is time to see how far you really got.

So before we get to the inevitable "no death run", I thought of a little challenge that appeals more to the explorers out there.

Here's the deal:

Winner of this challenge is the first person to acquire (and post a screenshot of) the ultimate piece of headgear - a certain hat imbued with the power of lightning.

While not extraordinarily hidden, doing this legitimately it will involve a quest that leads through several areas of the higher difficulties, which you should then be able to describe.

To even the field, I'd say any participant without a high level character is allowed to start as a lvl 50 hero with lots of money, but no vault gear.

Please do not cheat beyond that - rather enjoy the game while keeping your eyes peeled for anything unusual.

The reward, besides bragging rights and the item itself, will be a piece of equipment or npc of choice (within reason) referencing the winner in the next version of D2I.

Good hunting, and good luck!

Hello comunity,

I'm from the german TQ Forum and a big Fan of the D2I mod!
    My best char, a true babarian, has completed hell yesterday and her lvl is 68 now.

Violos suggested to tell you that I found "The Quest of the Thundergod" (not sure if this is the right translation). Is there anyone else who wants to achieve this piece of headgear? And if so, has he/she already found some other pieces of the Quest?!

So long!
    INSANE

Hey,

I received this item yesterday at a Baal run. It's probably not what you need, but perhaps? It has, after all, electric retaliatory fire on it ...

Or am I totally wrong? I can not understand the post above me correctly. Exactly what kinds of a task or quest is that?
    Is it an item that i can find everywhere?
    Last edited by Maeusle; 12-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Not quite.

This is a nice hat, but the one we are looking for has to be crafted, which means you need a recipe and ingredients.

Hi Vio,

Describe the Challenge in the German forum, there gives even people who would find that very interesting ... some more information about this would be good, for example, the thing about the crafting ...

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Undead, who had only recently joined the German forum at 4fansites.de, unbeknowingly fulfilled all requirements by talking about his search for the crafting ingredients and finally reporting success.

As a reward, all walking corpses will henceforth be known as the Undead.
    Or maybe something else.

With Cleglaw first assembling the Hellfire Torch earlier this month, and several people defeating the shrine barrier, it looks like the unsolved mysteries of D2I, on the whole, are becoming very few as more and more high-level characters are braving Hell difficulty to find them.

Thread Necro :P
    Where is the Third mortal combatant, the one that you get the Hood of the swamps from? I assumed he would be in act 1 near Athens swamp but he isn't in that crypt so yeah where is he?

Also if people are having trouble with the mortal combat characters, if you have a pet that can take a few hits grab their attention with the pet then use a scroll of the Maddened God then you will have no problem, if you get the timing right the maddened god will grab the combatants attention just as your pet dies so you will have roughly 20 secs of "free time" to just wail on them

Edit: I finally found him in the swamp area north of the Jade Palace portal, and unlike his brothers he didn't want to give up his mask -.-
    I fought him at least 50 times (literally) before he dropped it but he also dropped he Necros' leg armor 1 time which was a nice upgrade seeing as I was still wearing the Assassins leg armor from Normal :P
    But yeah now I have this awesome Helm (I know the challenge is over but still) Now I donit have to worry about lightning attacks Thundergod helm .jpg
    You should probably add an icon for the "camouflage" attack on the Hood of the Swamps because it is blank, although the skill does work but it's pretty useless :P
    Last edited by Nightmare14; 04-27-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    _"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep-Robert Frost"_
    The bird of hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    Trader Dialogue [Completed]
    Compiled list of valuable information (please look here before posting new thread with a question)