Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BeRad is here!

BeRad is here!

Hi everyone! I have been reading on this forum for a while and thaught it high time I registered and started talking.
    I have only been playing TQ:IT for approx 1 month and am loving it. My main game is as a ranger lvl 44 and running around with wolves at the end of act 4.

I'm looking forward to chating to you all.

Welcome to the community. It's great to see new players here. This really is a good community. The amount of knowledge here is staggering and people are friendly and eager to share that knowledge. If you have any questions, let us know. Incidentally, my very first toon years ago was a Ranger. Ah, the memories... Don't forget to check out the Fan Patch 1.17a if you don't already have it--it addresses some bugs in the game such as skills that didn't work, broken quest rewards, etc. Have fun!

hehehehe BeRad you may or may not know but defboy99 is one of the best here and yeah, welcome, its a great place and making an account lets you directly address the problems or ideas you have.

as defboy said, welcome to the community! you'll find you're toon's power will increase rapidly with all the knowledge there is here hehe
    Need Side Quest Help? Click me!
    'Crooked banks around the world will gladly give a loan today; so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away'
    -Lupe Fiasco
    ----------------------------------End Of Line----------------------------------

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to chatting more with you all.

Aren't the wolves dying a lot? How many points do you have in them?

lol LMunhoz, your right on the money there, my wolves were dieing alot in act 4 normal so I had to do alot of hit and runs with some shameless kiting to finish the act. However, someone on this forum said that would happen but that the wolves would make a comeback in epic and whoever that was was sooo right. I have the wolves maxed with +3 from items totaling 19 points.
    I have also started a templar and a diviner up as well, it seemed such a shame to sell almost every cool item I found as bow focused items seem to be the least common drops. so now I give them to my spell slinger and tank to use rather than let the greedy vendor get his mits on it.

I have also started using TQ Vault, that is an amasing little program and so easy to use. Within 5 minutes I had setup a whole bunch of vaults to store all my precious loot that I just cant bear to part with.

What else have I been up to... my friend told me about titancalc and that was very useful as well. It was essential to planning my diviner build properly I have read alot of posts that go something like "I'm playing as a conquorer and have pumped everything into INT and spread my skills across every ability, why do i keep dieing?" titancalc has saved me from playing for months only to find that I had irepairably ruined my game.

well thats the update about what I'm up to in the game, sorry for the long post. probibly no one will read it any way lol.
    Ranger guide
    Build Compendium of the Immortals
    I'll lift you and you lift me, and we'll both ascend together.
    - John Greenleaf Whittier

The first 2 acts the wolves can stand their ground, but around the Great Wall or so, it becomes a PETA mayhem. You can open a fur business, as someone said here before. Epic and beyond is their time to shine. It's a good idea to keep every good item on your way, use TQ Vault and TQ collector for that. Also a good idea to keep +Skill items just to cast the wolves, then you go back to your usual gear.

Titancalc is awesome, you can also use the French version where the +skills can be add up. You can figure it out, it's not Chinese nor Aramaic.

Thanks for the tip LMunhoz, I will try that switch +skill trick some time.

Well I guess this thread has become a sort of blog of my gaming experience and introduction to TQ. I have been playing more as Templar lately just for the fun factor of smashing things up close and personal without the help of pets.
    I have found some rather neat green items when playing in epic which I have passed down to my other 2 toons making them quite op for their level, good times.

Other than that I have spent a ridiculous amount of time farming epic stonebinders cuffs, which I finally got a couple of days ago. It took at least 100 runs on a mixture of gorgon sisters and labrynth. Those things are so annoying to find but well worth the effort.

Thats all for now, I would welcome any intersting tips for my Templar and Diviner builds.
    Ranger guide

I have started a couple of new characters, a Haruspex and a melee invoker. pretty fun so far.
    Last edited by BeRad; 04-27-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Ranger guide

Ok so after wading my way through all the monsters till act 4 epic I have realised that my ranger build was dumb and I needed to just listen to everyone else and start using plague and study prey. Now that I have made the switch all of a sudden my ranger can pimp slap typhon without breaking a sweat lol.
    Hades, I'm coming for you next...

also I have started more toons, thought I have no idea when I am going to find the time to play them all. I am adding a battlemage, haruspex and paladin to my team.
    Ranger guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast