Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Monster Lure bug? Pet control question.

Monster Lure bug? Pet control question.

I've noticed using monster lure+detonate that the energy doesn't charge up most of the time. I've sat and watched while the timer expired and the lure went away. No detonate. Kinda frustrating because using that feature seemed like a fun way to run through Egypt.

The other thing I'm finding (Ranger with 2 wolves) is that my wolves are uncontrollable. They just run off into a melee and I have trouble getting them to stay back. I know about cntrl+click and those things, but they just run after whatever they see. I've read that you can put them in a defensive mode but I don't know how to do that.

To set behaviors, simply right click on their health bar (the one under yours in the top left portion of the screen)

It will give you 4 options i believe (Normal, aggressive, defensive, and disband to unsummon the pet)
    I set my keybinding for controlling all pets to space so i could micro better. Works quite well for me instead of F7 or w/e the key was. I would suggest setting a keybinding that works for you though. I have my own setup so space might not be optimal...

As far as your first problem, I myself have no answer. There are such smart people on here though, they will figure it out for sure.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yes, I find the same problem with pets, which is why I haven't played many petmancer toons. The default setting when you call them forth the first time is normal iirc and I usually leave them set at that. They will then roam a little distance away from you, but won't attack unless a foe attacks. With aggressive they range much farther away and will go after anyone in their range, even if it's off screen and I find that annoying in open areas like the approach to Athens. Defensive makes them stay close to you and protect your back more.

The best places I think to have them on aggressive mode is when you're in tombs/caves because they get limited by tomb/cave size mostly and can't get away from you too much.

I think the pet aggression is a feature that comes with IT, which I do not have at the moment. I suppose I should go ahead and add it when I get a chance.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yes, definitely get asap. It's the original game with added features so there's not really much point in just playing TQ and then moving on. IT will import all your toons from TQ for you automatically when you first open it up. The Gold edition is only around $5 or so.