Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Juggernaut the Master Armorer

All shield attacks.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Poinas View Post
    All shield attacks.
    wow defense mastery FTW! Thks!

Hey nice guide there, it contains a lot of useful information ^^.

Question: I hear a lot of people talking about +% fire damage and +% elemental damage. Shouldn't you aim for more of those kind of damages as a physical earth user for more damage output? Or does elemental/fire damage only apply to greater damage at earth caster builds?

Joe

Hi!
    For my final build +% fire damage from earth enchantment and volatility is actually enough. And as you said we are a physical earth user, we don't only depend on spells to take down the enemies. We cast eruption and hit them at the same time. +% damage can give better results on legendary as it will increase the damage from our weapon, shield and the physical portion of eruption. When adrenaline is activated, my eruption is more effective.

Personally I now much prefer invest on items that reduces resistances than try to increase my damage. It works much better for me

Been quite busy and didn't get the opportunity to post some updates of my juggernaut. I have been playing a bit more during this weekend and I came to realize that I have not been using my juggernaut to his full potential, I'll explain.
    During fights with bosses that posed a threat on xmax, I use the scroll of archmage's fury to keep colossus form on while I kept pounding the boss with shield charge, I never really used the spellcasting abilities of the juggernaut. For my defense on the first version of my final build I used 2 star of elysium rings and my sabertooth was socketed with legendary saber claw for bonus OA. That made my build solid but I lacked casting speed and the ability to reduce resistance.

When I started to use items to reduce resistance I still continued to fight tough bosses full melee. I took them down more rapidly but couldn't effectively use my spells because I still lacked casting speed. At first I thought having more health and strength was more important for my build than having fast casting speed as he was mainly a melee toon. That was a big mistake because I ignored an important part of the juggernaut arsenal, eruption, that allow him to deal huge amount of damage.

So I decided to test once again 3 different weapons this time using also and occult ring of supremacy for fast casting speed.

First one is the sapros and I modified my final build like this http://s19.postimage.org/yae0s0xs3/j...lee_sapros.jpg

Second is using my veteran Mbuti's advocate http://s19.postimage.org/6bjv15w5f/j...elee_spear.jpg

And finally my sabertooth http://s19.postimage.org/6lrdkiarn/j...elee_final.jpg

I have tested them against the hydra, typhon and nate with and withouth xmax, with and withouth using the scroll of archmage's fury. Also against trash mobs along the way. Also I thought energy consumption was important to compare

Here are the results in descending order of effectiveness.

Fastest killer Vs Hydra, Typhon, Nate no xmax. Without scroll of archmage's fury:
    1. Sabertooth
    2. Mbuti's advocate
    3. Sapros

Using the sabertooth it took me on average 24 seconds to take down the Hydra, even less against typhon. The Mbuti's advocate took some seconds more while sapros took even more time. On a side note with xmax it took around 1min to take down the 3 Hydras with the sabertooth, the others took much more time.

Fastest killer Vs Hydra, Typhon, Nate with xmax. Using scroll of archmage's fury:
    1. Sapros
    2. Sabertooth
    3. Mbuti's advocate

There's no contest here the sapros is the clear winner by a large margin. With -100% recharge and fast casting speed, just spam eruption and shield charge like crazy to dramatically reduce resistance. You'll still be in colossus form when the 3 hydras will lay dead at your feet. Sabertooth take a little less than 30 seconds. And the Mbuti's advocate because of its slow attack speed take a few seconds more.

Vs trash mobs
    1. Mbuti's Advocate
    2. Sabertooth
    3. Sapros

It doesnt matter whether the Mbuti's Advocate is slow, being a spear and being able to cast study prey you just have to shield charge the mobs and they are done for. SAbertooth takes second place thanks to its very fast attack speed and better OA. Sapros does pretty bad with slow attack speed and low OA.

Energy consumption
    1. Sapros
    2. Sabertooth
    3. Mbuti's advocate

The build with sapros has energy leech. You'll be rarely using potions. It even has ADctH. No chance you'll run out of energy while using this build when fighting a boss. You can keep spamming eruption and shield charge while in colossus form you'll never run out of energy. Using the sabertooth you'll have to take energy potions but nothing dramatic. With the Mbuti's advocate you'll always have to watch out for your energy level. I even got out of colossus form while fighting 3 hydras, not cool when you don't have great poison resist..

So in the end I have to say that the Mbuti's advocate comes in last place, It uses too much energy. Plus its very very hard to get a veteran's Mbuti's advocate legit. You could reach level 75 and never get one.

Boss fights using the sapros is very easy plus you will rarely need to use and potion thanks to energy leech from the ring and life leech from sapros. However if you are more concerned about killing mobs and farming of MI's sapros will not be your first choice, low attack speed and OA is a turn off plus you actually have to find the sapros which can take a lot of time and also stonebinder's cuffs of alacrity which take even more time to find legit. So the sapros build is only good for boss fights.

The sabertooth however is a good deal. Even if you don't have a stonebinder's cuffs of alacrity you can still farm for a sabertooth of alacrity which takes much less time than farming for a sapros. You get very good attack speed plus OA bonus and dex bonus form the sabertooth.

Just saw this thread, interesting, so having ridiculously high amounts of armor do mean something in this game eh? I did thought armor is last thing you would want to boost in TQ. And clever choice of weapon socket, I honestly thought that piece of rubbish has no other point other then being requirement in some formulaes
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

Yep defenders can make best use of high armor since with +4 to skills items they can greatly increase armor absorption. Doesn't matter if your resistances are -ve if your armor can absorb the full damage If you try this build with a guardian, spellbinder or paladin, even the conqueror i.e any class that has a skill that reduce enemy damage its practically impossible for you to die.

Btw i made a test character which was a guardian using defiler with the same idea of high armor protection, he killed the 3 hades in xmax with 0% vitality damage resistance, they just couldn't hit him hard enough to kill him
    his skills were like that http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...8-2-6-12-8-6-0
    Last edited by Benitot; 04-16-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Wait a second, I thought armor absorbs physical damage only, and although Hades does huge amounts of physical damage, his "Red Blob of Death" should own you if you had 0% Vitality damage resistance.

... Or is it because you had -100% shield recovery? Shields absorb ANY kind of damage if I recall correctly. You have intrigued me now.

EDIT: It would also give me a good reason to make Spellbinder, an indestructible tank of doom sounds appealing to me

EDIT2: Even better, I have Templar who is semi regenerative build, so I'll try this on him.
    Last edited by Asheron; 04-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    My Legendary heroes:

Slight Improvements Mod

He didn't hit me with his "red orb of death", i made sure to avoid it, he only casts it when you are far, so if you avoid it early in the battle then get close to him you can beat him with 0% vitality resistance.

It surely has to do with -100 shield block/recovery. I did get hurt though, if I didn't max heart of oak ill be dead. But he couldn't 1 hit kill me. I also used plague on him to reduce his damage.
    I deleted the test character but think i'll make one again and test it, ill let you know how it went with 0% vitality resistance with his red orb of death

Hey yep i did a test character with spellbinder also and he was my favorite. He kills bosses so fast. Plus with the bonus from dark covenant you never run out of energy and your big health regen nullifies the life cost per second. You almost never use potion. And with all the buffs you get your lich king is indestructible.

EDIT: when i talked about -ve resistance i had piercing resistance in mind, sry if I mislead you
    Last edited by Benitot; 04-16-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheron View Post
    Wait a second, I thought armor absorbs physical damage only, and although Hades does huge amounts of physical damage, his "Red Blob of Death" should own you if you had 0% Vitality damage resistance.

... Or is it because you had -100% shield recovery? Shields absorb ANY kind of damage if I recall correctly. You have intrigued me now.

EDIT: It would also give me a good reason to make Spellbinder, an indestructible tank of doom sounds appealing to me

EDIT2: Even better, I have Templar who is semi regenerative build, so I'll try this on him.
    I just made a guardian using defiler. Just copied my juggernaut and changed his mastery plus made him reach level 75.

Its confirmed he did survive hades red ball of death with 0% vitality damage resistance. With max hearth of oak he had a little over 10k health. Received his death ball right on my head it hurt me for about 5k of damage with colossus form on and all the buffs. So yeah its confirmed a well built guardian can survive hades "red ball of death" with 0% vitality damage resistance.

I tested the guardian with the boss from mystery in the mountains quest, to see if he can survive his ice meteors. So had all my buffs, went in colossus form. cast plague on him. The guardian can survive if he uses a potion just as he gets hit by the meteors, he is left with about 1k of health. If you don't use the potion you die. If you use a divine scroll of elemental shielding you survive it no problem, you still loose about 4k of life though.

Thats how the guardian looked, pretty cool:
    http://s19.postimage.org/kgu9gpukj/guardian.jpg
    Last edited by Benitot; 04-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast