Lo and behold - it is finally done!
The classes and features of Diablo 2 Immortal, combined with the awesome world, dark dungeons and original Diablo soundtrack of Lilith. Melded together, with many little improvements, to give you the closest thing to Diablo you can get in TQ.
- Albeit still with the little kinks and imbalances that give Lilith its charme, as opposed to the very thoroughly tested D2I. So expect this to be a little more chaotic.
EDIT: Now updated with all the features, bosses and extras of the Enhanced Edition!
Version 2.0 Complete - 755 MB
As said, this mod is a merger of Lilith and Diablo 2 Immortal, and thus needs the Immortal Throne expansion.
The "light" version, where available, excludes two large resource files (maps & mp3) common to all versions of Lilith, to save on download volume if you already have them.
Though D2I is based on the latest fanpatch files (including Spectre's updates), does fix many issues of the original game by itself, and Lilith also includes the player skins, it is still recommended that you use the Bugfix Fanpatch.
Since this is a loadable mod, like D2I, it does not change any of your original files. You can also combine it with camera mods and other patches.
The only difference to D2 Immortal is that all Lilith games start directly from "Custom Game" rather than being "activated".
- Total conversion of TQ to resemble Diablo
- Six fully playable Diablo 2 classes
- Original looks, sounds, designs and musical score
- A huge open world to explore
- Unique new skill mechanics
- Javelins and dexterity-based weapons
- Hybrid character and class mixture support
- New balance systems, nerfed exploits, support for "weak" damage types
- Extra sound overhaul from YourFriend's sound mod
- A deadly alliance of D2I and Lilith enemies
- Improved enemy skills and AI
- Hordes of monsters, more champions, new heroes
- Epic boss fights and large-scale endgame quest
- New item sets for all classes, and reworked bonuses for all old sets
- Famous Diablo 2 loot and many bonus items to find
- All the Enhanced Edition features like gambling, and extras like the ENB Mod
For more on D2I, have a look at the D2I forum. For everything about Lilith, look around this one or consult Lilithpedia. For a history of D2 Lilith, go here.
(If the video is blocked in your area, there is also a lower quality version at ModDB.)
* Lilith Bugs
- Some of those are native to the map, and thus could not be fixed. Visit the bug forum for help.
* Small 4:3 resolutions show a black bar behind the skill menu
- Native to Kirii's UI, which mine is based on. Just use another resoultion.
* Relics cannot be attached to javelins
- Current state of the art for 1h ranged weapons. Will probably never be possible.
- One can use the "relics in all" cheat to allow it.
* Enemy resistances do not follow the D2I logic.
- Most enemy resistances are still those from Lilith. Just kill them anyway.
- Lilith bosses tend to have huge resists but little life. Use this against them.
>> Please use this thread to report any other finds. <<
Big shout-out to FOE for his dedication to making this happen. He made me start this way ahead of schedule (to the detriment of my work and free time, but worth it) by making a first merge. And to Tamschi, who modified his ModMerge tool to enable this.
Also of course to Mostal for making such an awesome mod to build upon in the first place, and all the modders whose work went into Lilith or D2I at earlier stages (Lufe's Allskins, Kirii's UI and YourFriend's sounds). As well as Ferrovipathe for the immensely helpful Lilithpedia.