Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Beat Hades!

Traveler

I Beat Hades!

Woot! Beat Hades for the first time! Now starting Epic. Interestingly enough, I've had this game for over four years now. However, I never got around to finishing it. I created a straight warrior and hit a plateau in the Orient. I did not really understand at the time that I should have picked up a second mastery.

I felt dumb, due to the plateau, and went on to other games (probably oblivion? when did that come out?).

Started playing again after watching a lot of Diablo III beta videos. They gave me a craving for some good action rpg.

Here is a screenie (could not figure out how to resize it for this board):

Hades Goes to...Hades?

Almost forgot to take a picture in steam (bought it on Steam during a sale just to have a dd version).

WOOT!

congratz.. in epic and legendary more challenge still waiting for you.. + some new bosses you may encounter..

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yes, well done. It's always great when you manage to beat the big ones. Onward you go for better rewards, gear, weapons, and some surprises on the way.

Good luck.

Traveler
    Thanks guys. Yeah, the big surprise so far is level 39 Satyrs! Wasn't sure what to expect in Epic. But for whatever reason, I wasn't really prepared for that!

Oh, and darnit! I forgot all about Hades' Treasure. Took the portal out of the throne room and totally forgot to go back to the plains of judgement for his treasure. Boo.

heh.. but you still can return back to complete the quest.. IF you found normal TQIT less challenging.. maybe you can try out Underlord mod.. very challenging with reworked and rebalance skill tree and items.

I do not know either anybody else experience the same as me.. but I found that the Barnamu (Barmanu ?) give more challenge to fight compare to Hades...

Traveler
    That was my experience as well. The toughest part, actually, were the cyclopses (what is the plural of cyclops?) on mount olympus. I had the toughest time with them. Up until that point I may have died 5 times. I died 5 more times at the cyclops. Argh!

Brute fight with the cyclops are dangerous if you cant 1 hit KO them.. so i think it will be wise to fight them wisely.. hit run.. wait skill CD .. etc..

The cyclops have the wave attack which i myself do not know the damage consider as what damage.. maybe by boosting to the respective resist can help you fighting the cyclops..

Cyclops, Plural: Cyclopes.

The skill disruption wave does vitality and skill disruption damage, as far as I know. There are also a few other tricks that work:
    Dream: Trance of Wrath keeps them from casting it. Short range, though.
    Storm: spellbreaker til they have no mana. No mana, no cast.
    Anyone: %mana drained, again, no mana, no cast.
    Also: Use a bow.

I have been able to stand in front of, but below them, on stairs, and have the wave pass over my head. Risky.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Yep, you can always hop back to Normal difficulty to go after the treasure. Just select Normal difficulty and enter the game, you'll emerge at the last rebirth fountain in the Palace. Then just slap down a teleport, choose the Plains of Judgement portal and then run/fight your way back down to the treasure room and pop the stones in place. Voila, instant treasure trove! After you've stored/sold the loot, come out of the game, select Epic and continue on your merry way.

Barmanu is the worst for me. I can deal with Cyclopses, but he sneakily hits me with meteors even when he's out of view. NOT FAIR!

Yeah.. look like Barmanu seems to be problems to all players.. LOL.. he should get a 'title' to himself...
    hye medea.. finish legendary already ? Wanna try UL ? i think it will give you more challenge.. come migrating to UL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast