After some complications I extracted Lilith DB. What I found was that most of the custom stuff is not even in the records folder, so there are very few common files. Among those that conflicted, some from Lilith seemed to be almost unchanged originals, so all they would do is undo what D2I added.
Only one added content that may actually be used by the game (the scroll skill tree I already suspected contains a few summon spells) which has now been incorporated into D2I's respective file, much like I incorporated the Lilith tags into D2I's Modstrings.
--> Give the D2I database and resources priority when merging.
As for the other things Lilith adds, I found that
- There are custom chests, but they link to my modified loottables. So D2I stuff will drop from them.
- There are custom proxies for lots of areas, probably for every single spawn on the map. So you will likely not meet any D2I monsters (unless I put them there ).
It also means the spawns will indeed be the same as Lilith, though they will have D2I's champion multiplier.
- Monster resistances would be a problem. The first hero I opened gets 60 across the board, including physical, meaning he would end up being immune to everything in Hell difficulty.
- Except that they are not, as I realized, because only my edited monsters get those new modifiers in the first place. So all is good in that regard too.
- Some monsters use the common (edited) animation tables, though scarecrows may still appear on those who do not and use spears.
Meaning that except for the last point, a new merge would be good to go.
Little late to the game, but yes, Lilith has all custom monsters and proxies. While there are some chests/bonepiles on the ground (and these are stock from TQIT) they touch a very limited amount of the total loot. The biggest issue with merging lilith with any other mod is that you will not be able to find much of the new loot.
Ok... we'll see how it goes. Thanks for weighing in anyway.
Because as a quick text search showed, the list of animation-lakcking "offenders" was rather short and could be fixed on the spot.
So here's an "all sorted out" test version.
Have a look. If it's good I'll make it into a proper release.
I wanted D2 Lilith so bad, too!
Well, I tried the one you made, Violos and it crashed twice now when I tried to open the "Secret Chest" that drops the key.
Hmm, I got to thinking and remembered that that problem seemed familiar and I was right. It's a known bug: . "Using some mods that boost loots may crash the game with some Lilith's chests. Please disable this kind of mod if you meet a crash problem."
I was using "increase chest items +1" So, was probably my fault.
Last edited by Drax; 03-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Just tested it and it works fine. Got the Red Key. Nice. Time to play it a bit!
That's what happens when you cheat. :P
And many thanks to FOE for your dedication - I wanted to play these classes on Lilith really bad, as well.
Last edited by Drax; 03-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.