Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lilith + Diablo II Immortal

Priest

Question Lilith + Diablo II Immortal

If you are looking for the release, it can be found here. -Vio

Hello,

I would like to play Lilith with Diablo II immortal!

So I've use ModMerge to combine these mods .. without success! (The error-code was send to the programmer, but he has ATM no idea.)

Has someone succeeded it with success?
    Last edited by Violos; 03-08-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Servus, Erwin

Oracle 62 / Assassin 62 (68 Lilith) / Guardian (Xmax) 62 / Haruspex (Xmax) 62 / Seducer (Masteries-Xmax) 60 / Arcanist (UL) 59 / Seeker (LilithMasteries) 70 / Chthonian (UL) 36
    » German Thread about TQVault and Lilith Mod ...

From my experience, ModMerge will only work correctly when combining two mods that change different things.
    (usually this means at least one mod is a small change).
    When I merged the 1.17 database with DoubleOrNothing, I noticed some changes from 1.17 weren't included.

Since Lilith and DII Immortal are both large overhaul mods, you'll have to merge them manually. And even then I expect you wont be able to include everything from both.
    I would extract the database from both mods to different folders, then use WinMerge to compare all the files. That tool will show you what lines are different in each .dbr and allow you to choose which change you want to keep. Then rebuild the database with Art Manager.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    ¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Priest
    Hello Shalie,

Ok ... and THX for answer.
    Servus, Erwin

Oracle 62 / Assassin 62 (68 Lilith) / Guardian (Xmax) 62 / Haruspex (Xmax) 62 / Seducer (Masteries-Xmax) 60 / Arcanist (UL) 59 / Seeker (LilithMasteries) 70 / Chthonian (UL) 36

Since Lilith and DII Immortal are both large overhaul mods, you'll have to merge them manually. And even then I expect you wont be able to include everything from both.
    Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Putting in the masteries should not be too much of a problem, but other parts are a bit more complicated.

Most of all, though, it takes time to do it properly... and testing. Checking every change I make is what uses most of my time already, and checking the results of whole merges is no small feat.

If you want to see Diablo II Lilith done any time soon, somebody will have to volunteer for that.

Priest
    Morning!

Tamschi has created a new version of ModMerge after I've written him regarding the failed attempts with Lilith + D2I.

With the new version it worked now once without error and also a short test times proceeded without problems!

» Screenshot
    Servus, Erwin

Sweet
    The question is now, how much of DII Immortal are you missing
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    ¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Priest
    I'll see it ...
    Servus, Erwin

Cool!
    That's already a big step.

I suppose Modmerge creates a new combined database? Could you upload that? Because the I could just extract that result and fix it, where appropriate, with my own files.
    EDIT: Nevermind, just merging it myself.

To find out how well this really works, and what may have to be changed, here's a few things you could help checking:

1) Resistances
    In order to preserve the relative strengths of monster resistances and the relative effect of player skills on them, D2I uses a combination of +x and +% res bonuses in higher difficulties. Basically meaning that higher resistances increase more than low ones, with everything above 47% in normal becoming an immunity in legendary.

So we may be looking at a LOT of immunes in epic and leg, maybe to multiple damages, depending on the values on the Lilith monsters. They do show primary resists in their name, which is great, but those may be in effect too early, or not the only ones.
    That's something I can look into in detail once I get the files.

2) Spawn number
    Lilith already spawns many monsters, and D2I also increases them, and makes them considerably stronger in later difficulties.
    If Lilith multiplies their numbers in places other than the gameengine.dbr, the effects might multiply and yield xmax-like hordes of monsters, with the same remifications for class/skill balance and viable chocies.
    Also, numbers + strength combined may make the game quite hard by epic already.

3) Spawn types
    Do you meet Lilith or D2I monsters, or both? Depending on whether Lilith uses its own proxies / pools / monsters or just modified old ones, you may get some strange results where the ones I modified override the others.

4) Items
    Some D2I-specific items may not be attainable.
    While all edited TQ items should simply appear in their new forms, and Lilith hopefully does use TQ's (now modified) boss chest lootables, some only drop from the SP chest or specific boss monsters.

5) Scarecrows
    Talking about edited items, the full integration of javelins does mean that every spear-wielding enemy also has a 1/3 chance of getting one. While I did usually replace the common animation tables instead of editing individual enemies, and the Lilith monsters hopefully use them instead of custom ones, you may meet some enemies which lack the required animations and just stand there with their arms stretched out.

6) Modstrings/Tags
    Lilith adds a lot of new text, and so does D2I. Choosing either mod's text file over another will inevitably create a lot of undefined tags. (Luckily, they are easy to combine.)

7) Quest Skills
    If Lilith used the quest/scroll skill trees to add its own reward or skill effects (like the permanent resistance from delphi) those will not work since D2I comes its own versions of those.

...and certainly other stuff I didn't think about.

What you will probably be missing in all of this, depending on 3), are D2I's pimped and new enemies and bosses along with their special items and better drop rates.

But still, with Lilith bringing its own monsters and great map with "Diablo-like" dungeons, the result is certainly worth playing too!
    Last edited by Violos; 02-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Violos View Post
    Cool!
    That's already a big step.
    Yes!

I suppose Modmerge creates a new combined database?
    Yes ... with settings: Map - Lilith; Database - 1.) Lilith, 2.) Diablo II Immortal; Ressourcen -
    1.) Lilith, 2.) Diablo II Immortal

(I'll also make it with setting: "Database - 1.) Diablo II Immortal, 2.) Lilith; Ressourcen -
    1.) Diablo II Immortal, 2.) Lilith".)

Could you upload that?
    Of course ... LilithD2I_arz.zip (1. Settings)!

But still, with Lilith bringing its own monsters and great map with "Diablo-like" dungeons, the result is certainly worth playing too!
    Of course.
    Servus, Erwin

As said above, I just made my own merge, with the latest version of D2I + a combined English modstrings getting priority over Lilith.

Looks good so far. Tags work, and the first spawns are Lilith monsters in Lilith numbers.

The other things are still open. But you can certainly start the adventure already!

As for the database, I'm not sure which one is better to have priority right now... would have to extract Lilith's and compare the important files. In doubt I would say use D2I though, because then you are sure to get the bonuses to DoT and Retaliation damages later.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast