Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your TQ Collector Progress Here

Nice-looking numbers you've got there, Beaverus! Hopefully I'll catch up to you soon!

I spent a bit of time tonight farming for Turtle Shell charms for my lvl 23 Conq's shield along the "Turtle Coast" as I call it (near Megara) in Normal. Ended up finding several blue Uniques, including a couple I didn't have heretofore: Bramblesheath Vest and Glowing Rod. Nothing exciting or earth-shattering, but it gives me a couple more items for my collection.

1105/1752 (63.07%)

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Picked up a couple of nice items this morning on my brief Brigand run out of Chang'an. A Badeizi Gi and Takeshi's Kimono. I've never seen the last one before so that's another completely new one to me.

So MI's stand at a total of 87/487 (17.86%), Normal 34/162 (20.99%), Epic 30/163 (18.40%) and Legendary 23/162 (14.20%). Uniques are 429/655 (65.50%) total, Epic 272/385 (70.65%) and Legendary 157/270 (58.15%).

@defboy - they are definitely not disabled, once I finally gave up farming for now, turned the RNG back on, and just waltzed through to continue progression I finally got one with the RNG enabled. Something like sage's, useless. That said in my time in soronis (which I realize is anecdotal) I got a total of one set in about 15 hours with the RNG on, and 5 sets in about an hour and a half with it off.

I have not noticed or heard about other items similarly effected, and I did notice that while I had it turned off I got a much smaller variety in the affixes that fell, I am now fully a believer in the RNG fix for myself, where before it was based off of what others had said. Still looking for a good dual affix will, though primarily just because I had such a good one before and I lose so much in non-DA stats by swapping.

First things first I am gonna go give Hades the beating he has been asking for, then begins a loooooong time farming for my Herculean Will of Focus, wish me luck.

Maybe the original RNG "increased" the chance for Batrachos greaves to drop due to its flawed nature and the chance for them to drop with the RNG-fix is how they were intended to drop? That at least would make some sense...

My Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
    - Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett

That is definitely possible, though I do not know why it would be such an uncommon drop compared to other MI's.

I suppose we can't really know what the dev's had in mind without them chiming in. All I know is that I do not feel bad swapping it on and off for drops the way I would if I messed with droprates for broken, white, yellow, unique etc. Especially since the ones I have gotten have not been the uber ridiculous greaves...

Quote Originally Posted by parasite View Post
    The part that I don't understand is if the RNG fix disables some drops.
    Also I didn't spot any difference during the last days in Folg and Kthonian drops with or/and without the fix.
    I read though that many people are claiming they saw Batrachos greaves only before the RNG fix (and there is alot of them). Does that count for other items as well?
    I have said this before and will say it again. The RNG fix does absolutely nothing to loottables, drop chances, items falling, etc... It fixes a programing error in mathematical calculations - that's it!!! Nothing else! Nada! Zip...

All these things that people talk about are more than likely just tricks of the mind that would be refuted if they actually kept solid data on what dropped and when... or the combination of other mods running as well such as increased prefix chances, etc.

As for increasing the chances with the broken RNG - that is more likely... that is why such things as duplicated drops happened... the program would create a truncated number which would in turn cause identical / near-identical drops of items with similar stats on different computers which should be so unlikely we should have major lottery winners here before that ever happens... check out the thread on the RNG fix and see how the identical drops occurred when we tested it - right down to the same amounts of gold in a drop...

True, but the effect of fixing that error is that some items which drop frequently without the RNG fix seldom drop with it enabled.

I am a big fan of the RNG fix, one of the sterling examples of how the community has supported and improved the game in line with the original intentions of the developers.

I do not mean to imply that the RNG fix messed with loot tables, drop chances, or anything like that, simply that by fixing the broken code it wound up lowering the de facto drop rate for some items (perhaps to the level it should have been in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Shalie View Post
    When you find a monster related yellow armor (or green with no extra bonuses), that often means that the MI versions have a different name:
    Wraith armor MI version is Ethereal Cage/Clasp/Leggings.

I have found a few of Megalesios' items, but none with a good affix. But you are right on the Batrachos and Revenant gear, those are crazy rare.
    Well, it turns out it was my aged brain that was getting in the way... I kept thinking Wraith's was the MI... then an Ethereal clasp dropped pretty much 5 minuites after I fired up the game

Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    As for Bandaris helm, thats an error in the text.arc...it should be Accursed helm...other than that I agree with Medea.

Well, I once found Megalesios' bracelets and a Homados on Epic, but there really are better items...
    Perfect. So the Bandari items, Helm and bracers are Accursed, and the legs and chestpiece is Bandari's. I have Bandari's helm, so that was what was confusing me here. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by defboy99 View Post
    @ essjayehm -- Bandari gear is still called Bandari gear (with an Accursed variant), but the MI version is actually greenish turquoise in color rather than yellow (and by that I mean the actual color of the armor itself, not the name of the armor), at least for the chestpiece. I have a Savant's Bandari's Corselet of Clout that shows what I mean:

Attachment 2469

Also, the Wraith MI is called Ethereal as mentioned in a previous post, and it, too, is a different color than the standard Wraith armor, being a dark brick red rather than a brighter red (again, at least in the case of the chestpiece), as shown in this pic of an Ethereal Cage of Needles:

Attachment 2470

Both of these items are showing up in my TQ Collector listing. Strangely, after countless Bandari runs, I have only the one corselet and nothing else in terms of Bandari MI gear. For me, it's nearly as rare as Batrachos Greaves (try farming Soronis without the RNG Fix activated--I've read that allows Batrachos Greaves to drop, whereas the RNG Fix prevents them from dropping, or some such voodoo...).

And no Megalesios items for me, ever, so far. Of course, I'm not in the habit of farming that Telkine so my chances are slim to none of ever getting that gear.
    Ahhh picutres tell a 1000 words... Merci, Defboy

Perfect. So the Bandari items, Helm and bracers are Accursed, and the legs and chestpiece is Bandari's. I have Bandari's helm, so that was what was confusing me here. Thanks!
    In order to clear your confused mind: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...ari#post330548 That post explains it quite well + you get an fixed Text.arc

Edit: HERE is the text.arc...silly me

My Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
    - Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett

Further fishie farming this morning yielded no Aegis at all . On the positive side, I did pick up a fun little curiosity weapon: dire of harrowing . It's an executioner's axe, appropriately enough .

Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast