Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Diablo 2 Immortal ~ v1.31

Citizen
    thx for the info guys, I will be taking this in consideration for my assassin

Citizen
    hi violos, I think I found a bug in the skill system...the problem is with the tiger strike, no matter how many points I put into it it still says Current Level 2 - Next Level 2
    Here are some screenshots
    screenshot03.jpgscreenshot02.jpg

@csabadns
    That's ok. Those skills consist of an attack and a charge, which is separate, and the automatic tooltip only shows you the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE CHARGE.
    And that increases, like it says, at 8, 15 and 22 points.

@Jaelrin
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    To Violos: don't you think that Berserk Barbarian and Jab/Fend Amazon are quite ridiculous? They feel more overpowered than Conqueror in original TQ. Insane damage, and, with ADctH they're almost immortal. Yes, berserk negates your defences, but it doesn't matter if you do 40k dps ( wearing only legendaries, can be more with monster greens) and get lots of HP converted. One-shotting Armorites and Urdars on Hell difficulty looks a bit too much.

Not directly related to current release, just my observations.
    Of course that also concerns this release!
    Though I haven't touched it since 1.00, it's in there after all.

Quite frankly, I haven't tested those classes at very high levels. I suppose I was too concerned with all the skills which do not have item tiers, bonuses, strength etc. each multiplying their damage to scale them through the game...

Also, I haven't played many strength classes in TQ in general.

But I did test the Spearazon quite a bit at low/mid level. And with monsters being so much nastier, and DA/dodging cheese being restricted, I did feel the need to reward especially Amazons who actually go into melee against them.

So basically what I did was give them Onslaught-like values adjusted by the number of hits, and presumed they would be ok - rather erring on the stronger side.

Of course, all of the above multipliers do mean that melee class strength increases drastically on the high end, especially with those high pierce conversion rates. I should see what I can do about that so it won't be too OP, without being too weak early.

Also, thinking about this, I just realized that the -100000 damage on Berserk does nothing at all when the converison rate is 100% anyway. That should be like 50%, with the other half cut off and replaced by magical.

So yeah... at least that one geta a nerf, and I'll look into Jab. Any suggestions?

Finally, I wish I had learned this yesterday.
    But it's nice to hear someone talking about a feature that made things too easy, for a change.
    Last edited by Violos; 02-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Citizen
    ok, thx for the quick reply...and btw nice job with the color-change

Quote Originally Posted by Violos View Post
    So yeah... at least that one geta a nerf, and I'll look into Jab. Any suggestions?
    I'll do some more test runs ( Typhon/Mephisto in Hell difficulty) on Barb and Spear Amazon with different equipment combinations, and will post my results about killing speed, most likely on Saturday. After that it would be clearer, what exactly needs tweaking.
    Last edited by jaelrin; 02-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.

In that case, you'll get a test version with my first quick fixes.

Remember though that there are also places where enemies are quite resistant against certain damage types. While you are certainly right about the barb, the chars are designed to shine in some area and struggle in others.
    For physical classes like a Spearazon that would be the Rhakotis library, for example.

While we are giving feedback on the builds, here is some on the Necro's Summon Tree. The way you have it set up for the Golem's is awkward. The Summon Golem tree changes the type of golem with each level. That generates 2 conundrumsfor the player.
    1. Getting the golem you want in play is a bit of a problem. The one you like, you can get only every 4 levels, but you get 3 skill points per level. This discourages investment in Summon Golem, because effectively you can only have your golem of choice every other level if you put points in summon golem. Additionally it creates cumbersome decisions with regard to the use of + skills bonuses on items. For instance, if I have my preferred golem, then if I wear wearing Stonebinders cuffs I wind up with some other golem.
    2. Because of all the reasons elucidated above investing points in "Improve * Golem" seems like a potential waste of points.
    3. All of these golem issues disappear if you set up the tree like D2 has the Golem tree set up.

Once I get to Epic with my black mage, I look forward to playing an assassin.
    http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/Drippingspursfan/5timechamps.jpg?t=1402928797

All of these golem issues disappear if you set up the tree like D2 has the Golem tree set up.
    I am, of course, aware of that. And you can believe me that I would not burden players with awkward things like that without a very good reason - usually limitations in the TQ mechanics.

In this case said limitation is that four different skills cannot share a common summon limit. Meaning that with four skills, you could have four golems runnig about.

I know that this solution is not perfect, but as close as it gets, and in this case the skill was too crucial to be left out or replaced.
    It is also the reason for the "Critical Success" skill, which is mainly there to help you manage your golems.

If it is any consolation, the staff that now boosts golems (which every Necro will want sooner or later) does give +4.

Thanks for the explanation. And thanks for all your time and work on this.
    Hmm. 4 golems running about. Hmm.
    http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/Drippingspursfan/5timechamps.jpg?t=1402928797

Quote Originally Posted by Violos View Post
    Remember though that there are also places where enemies are quite resistant against certain damage types. While you are certainly right about the barb, the chars are designed to shine in some area and struggle in others.
    But how big the difference between strong area and weak area is supposed to be? After some tests, I came to conclusion that Jab and Fend are fine by themselves, it's Critical Strike-Penetrate-Pierce chain of skills (combined with Spears and pierce-related gear) that makes them overpowered against fleshy opponents.

My suggestion: tone down Pierce damage in Critical strike, but add a + %Total damage component, this way it'll be useful to both Physical and Elemental amazons.

With nerfed Berserk barbarian seems fine, lesser enemies like Melinoes still fly after one hit, but armorites aren't one-shotted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast