Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TQVault "has stop working"

Exclamation TQVault "has stop working"

So, I dediced to start a new thread becouse I have been searching for an entire week a solution to this issue and I didn't find any.
    Here's the thing: When opening TQVault on Windows 7 it gives this error message: "TQVault has stop working"

Now, I have tried the following:
    - Uninstalled c++ 2005 runtimes, installed TQVault: Same issue
    - Uninstalled all c++ runtimes, reboot, installed c++ 2005, installed TQVault: Same issue
    - Uninstalled all c++ runtimes, installed TQVault: Same issue
    (It doesn't even say "you need c++ 2005" or any other error to find out what's wrong)
    - Running windows on Safe Mode, made all of the above: Same issue

So I figured out it's not a c++ runtime issue, it must be something else...
    I have Underworld patch installed, but that shouldn't be the problem since I ALREADY used TQVault with TQIT-Underworld in this machine, some years ago.

~ I know some basic stuff of programming and hard/software so I guess this is out of my reach...
    If anyone could give me an advice/solution on how to solve this it would be great. (Other than formating the PC)
    Last edited by AvunaOs; 02-12-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Hope I get an answer pretty soon.
    This is kind of urgent becouse I'm helping EJFudd (TQVault's developer) in the graphic design of the new UI... and I can't open it to see how it looks...

You would figure that if there was one person who would be able to help you with TQVault, it would be EJFudd.... in fact I was going to recommend you send him a message and ask.... It runs fine on Windows 7 for me....

Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by AvunaOs View Post
    Here's the thing: When opening TQVault on Windows 7 it gives this error message: "TQVault has stop working"
    I've a little important question!

- With TQVault version do you have, will you use?!

Have you also try to use an older one?!

And like fathersquid, It runs fine on Windows 7 (x64) for me ... the latest version!
    Last edited by FOE; 02-13-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    Servus, Erwin

Oracle 62 / Assassin 62 (68 Lilith) / Guardian (Xmax) 62 / Haruspex (Xmax) 62 / Seducer (Masteries-Xmax) 60 / Arcanist (UL) 59 / Seeker (LilithMasteries) 70 / Chthonian (UL) 36
    » German Thread about TQVault and Lilith Mod ...

@fathersquid:
    I already sent him a message about this but got no response, he must be busy and I don't want to bother him.

@FOE:
    Since I'm helping him with the graphic stuff, he sends me the lastest build, I'm currently having 2.3.1.4.

EDIT: I tired 2.3.1.3 and it works fine... guess it's something related to the new build that's wrong.
    Last edited by AvunaOs; 02-13-2012 at 06:51 AM.

The latest version has a bug where it crashes on loading if you don't have any TQ characters (non-IT).
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    ¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

my lastest version is diferent from ur lastest version^^
    but I solved the problem temporary by using 2.3.1.3... either way I need 2.3.1.4 to work so I can see how the UI looks like, can't give any feedback to EJFudd. I'll wait for his response

Priest
    Since I'm helping him with the graphic stuff, he sends me the lastest build, I'm currently having 2.3.1.4.
    ... "WIP9"?!

^^ It runs fine for me!?

EDIT: I tired 2.3.1.3 and it works fine... guess it's something related to the new build that's wrong.
    OK ...
    Servus, Erwin

Oracle 62 / Assassin 62 (68 Lilith) / Guardian (Xmax) 62 / Haruspex (Xmax) 62 / Seducer (Masteries-Xmax) 60 / Arcanist (UL) 59 / Seeker (LilithMasteries) 70 / Chthonian (UL) 36
    » German Thread about TQVault and Lilith Mod ...

maybe after 2.3.1.3 worked, next ones will work fine i dont really know. gonna be testing that on the night.
    ty for ur help foe

An application error occurred.
    Message : O nome remoto não pôde ser resolvido: 'www.soulseekkor.com'

Stack Trace:
    em System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
    em System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
    em TQVault.UpdateDialog.CheckForUpdates()
    em TQVault.MainForm..ctor()
    em TQVault.Program.Main()

can anyone help me?