Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recovering from CRASH on new machine. Want to get old files back!

Recovering from CRASH on new machine. Want to get old files back!

I may be making a mistake posting this here, but since the files that I'm trying hardest to recover are for Lilith with Destinies mod, I'll start here.

My old XP system crashed. I built a new Win7 system. The old C drive that had my files is still intact, but it is on the new system as a second drive (E.

What do I have to do to get all my old stuff back?

I tried copying all the files in the old Programs/Thq/ folder to the new Programs(x86)/Thq/ folder. Then I tried copying all the old My Games/Titan Quest and My Games/Immortal Throne stuff to the new My Games folder. I changed all ownership attributes.

The result: I can get into Lilith Destinies, I can create a new character, I can even level up the new character to a Destinies class. However, the Caravan transfer area is totally empty. The Caravan local inventory area for my old Lilith+Destinies characters still have some items, but anything that isn't vanilla Immortal Throne items and artifacts are gone. Furthermore, the vendors on the island seem to be carrying only vanilla IT equipment, although that might require more testing.

SO... Is there a way to get everything back. I had a LOT of toons, not just of Lilith+Destinies, but of different new class hacks and Lilith+new class hacks. I'm not as worried about my old vanilla TQIT characters, who seem to be fine. I have years of playing invested in these files!

Please help with ideas?

TQ Defiler has a function that will fix your caravan files.
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

I don't see how it can fix it if the custom Lilith+Destinies items are no longer available in the game, which seems to be the problem.

Correction: The Lilith items are still in game. I just went to the cemetery and killed the mini-boss that drops the Lilith's Evil shield, and it's still in the game.

I'll see if the caravan fixer can fix the problem.

Okay, I ran the caravan fix.

The individual toon's caravan inventories are fixed. Yay.

The transfer caravan inventory is still empty. Boo.

This is still better than what I had, and enough to continue playing, but it's rather sad. Since TQ Defiler fixes the old inventories by updating the pathnames in certain files, am I correct in suspecting that a similar problem plagues the transfer caravan inventory, i.e., that there's a file somewhere with an incorrect pathname to it that isn't changed?

Give me a clue what filename I should look for that controls the transfer inventoryr and I'll go dinking around and see if I can fix it by hand.

I have no idea, I was able to fix everything with the Defiler. Maybe your transfer stash was empty anyway?
    There may be no 'I' in team, but there's a 'ME' if you look hard enough.
    Ħuʍop ǝpısdn sı sn ɟo ǝuo 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Nope, not empty at all. Full of scrolls and artifacts and molten rings and cool things like that from many, many hours of playing Lil+Destiny toons, of which I had played many through to Epic.