Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Through Hell and Back in a Day - How to Spend the Perfect Saturday!

Through Hell and Back in a Day - How to Spend the Perfect Saturday!

Hey, I just wanted to share with the community that I just had the perfect Saturday on the perfect weekend! I took my new pally all the way through Normal Hades in one day, morning, afternoon, and early evening. I went to bed happy last night, let me tell you! Such a feeling of joy and accomplishment! And I had never had such an easy time with Machae Master Archers before. Squall/Obscured Visiblity is my new favorite spell! And I have been playing various Dream-based characters, like, forever. This new Pally was my attempt to "break out of my rut" and try something new.

I made it all the way to the end of Normal with 0 deaths. I was feeling cocky and proud. And, then, wouldn't you know, at the very end of it all, I got a death from Hades!

I've been playing casters and staff-wielders for most of my TQ career, and this was one of my first times, if not THE first time, going against Hades as a melee character. What I didn't realize, or had forgotten, was that if you stand too close to him without kiting, he hits you with all five of his red balls of death. Since I had always in the past avoided most of those things automatically because I was kiting by habit, I didn't realize that getting hit by all five of them at once was a one-shot, even with 200+ Vitality Resist.

Ha, it was one of those "Huh? I'm dead? WTF!" moments. I don't think I've ever had one of those before playing casters. It didn't stop me from having a great time, though, and remembering my Saturday with great fondness and happy memories!

Don't ya just love TQ?

All resistances cap at 80%. Vitality resistance is added together with life leech resistance in the user interface, but they are two different resistances. LL doesn't protect from vit and vit doesn't protect from LL.

Hades deal physical and vitality damage.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Well done, and don't feel too bad about the one death. I took my Brigand through the Palace in Normal recently, went in with 3 deaths and came out with 9. One each from the 3 Generals, one from an early Gigantes and two from Hades himself. Ouch! No more added since then though, although has come close once or twice.

You definitely have to be more aware of things with melee toons, I think. All that stuff being dropped on you while you're standing there bashing away. As you say, more of a habit to kite with other toons and forget you may need to when fighting up close and personal.

Congrats!

I ran into Hades, thinking "GAAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like a boss, but then he said "You will pay for your insolence!" and I died. Instantly. don't feel too bad, my Conqueror is never challenged as greatly as that

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Those are rather appropriate words he says, I always think. You certainly do pay if you're not very careful. Damn, another tombstone!

Thanks for the replies.

@Poinas, sorry about that vitality faux pas. My point was just that I had my vitality resistance very high, if not maxed. I made the number up, obviously. That's useful to know that LL and vitality resistance each cap out at 80. I hate the way that counter combines them, which makes it hard or impossible to know if your protection is adequate without going through all your equipment and tallying it manually. They must have run out of space on the interface windows or something.

I know that stun resisitance can go way up over 200, and doesn't seem to be capped. Is that one an exception to the rule? I'm not sure about energy leech resistance, bleeding resistance, and skill disruption resistance, either. I seem to remember having all of those higher than 80 at one time or another.

I use the fanpatch, if that makes any difference. I already knew that the primary resistances cap at 80, but I thought the secondary resistances didn't work the same way.

Secondary resistances cap at 80% too.

Slower attack speed for x seconds for example also caps at 80%

The only things that don't cap at 80& are chance to avoid projectiles, dodge, iirc.

Just curious, what's iirc?

If I Recall (or Remember) Correctly

screenshot02.jpg
    Notice the stun and vitality resistances. Higher than 80%. It's not making sense to me why you guys keep saying they cap at 80%. Are you saying the readouts on the tab are bogus?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BelgarathMTH; 01-31-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast