Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit n Run rogue/debuffer

Hit n Run rogue/debuffer

Hey guys! I really want to make a hit n Run character

I'm interested in melee and traps so what would you advise me? I've looked though some builds on the site but didn't succes to find the "one".

Prefer gameplay:
    I like to run to the enemy, hit and watch it die from a distance. Let it trap in my traps while he tries to charge me.

No goes;
    Pets, staffs.

I started a rogue with envenom weapons but checking the site people really discourage to use that one. I really had fun (just level 4) I hitted each enemy 1 time and while i was killing an other one I would see the other die. AWESOME.. ATM I play normal mode but later on I would like to try a harder mode.

Anyone knows a build what will suit to me? Thanks in advance. By the way, awesome that this site is still online!

The problem is that poison and bleeding damage will only take you so far. Later in the game this damage will simply be insufficient to take your enemies down.
    The Dreamkiller seems to me like the 'purest' rogue build, the one that really keeps the focus on Rogue. The dream tree will turn the rogue into a reasonable fighter, adding phantom strike, temporal rift and a hell of a lot of passives.
    The main idea with this build is not watching enemies die from bleeding and poison damage though. It's focussing on keeping all your enemies confused, slowed, stunned or petrified until you get em all down on your own terms.
    If this sounds like something you wanna play, I could tell you more.

But with a pure focus on bleeding and poison damage, hit'n'run as you describe, you will have a hard if not impossible time to finish legendary and even epic.

Yesh, so hit n run is almost impossible. Well, I also like to mind enemies so that would come near your description? Maybe dreamIlliusionist or something(pure based on the name ;D) I started this game since today (bought it a very long time ago but didn't got hooked then). I really dislike staffs so what would you advise?
    Last edited by defboy99; 12-04-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Well, the dreamkiller is a fun and challenging class to play. But it is far from the easiest, I must warn you. It's really vital in the later parts of the game that you focus on keeping all your enemies in a state in which they are not hitting you. So you'll always be targetting the ones that are, until they're confused again. Then switch to new ones that are hitting you.

Your target build should be something like this:
    http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...6-0-0-0-12-0-0

invest in dex and strength.

At level 30 should probably be something like this:
    http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

How much dex and strength? Do you also know where I can find a mod where I can see the damage I do?

Go for 2 str:1dex ratio. For dmg try Soulsekkors Defiler. Make sure you download the newest version. Look for the mods tab in the upper part of the window. But in order to actually see the damage you do you must enable show critival dmg first in the game menu
    Last edited by ghost4hell; 12-30-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost4hell View Post
    Go for 2 str:1dex ratio. For dmg try Soulsekkors Defiler. Make sure you download the newest version. Look for the mods tab in the upper part of the window. But in order to actually see the damage you do you must enable show critival dmg first in the game menu
    K, thanks. But isn't the rogue dex based? What weapon should i use daggers or?

you'll need about 475 dex at least (for the best gear), end-game that is. 2:1 may be a little too much focus on strength, but you will need more strength than dex.
    You'll want to start with a fast sword because you'll always want a very high attack speed --> more confused mobs.
    Once your attack speed is high enough, or close to the maximum (222? I forgot), you will want to switch to a slower spear with a valor of achilles enchant (+att speed). That way you'll do more pierce damage.

Kalam is totaly right. But str is need more than dex so you can equip better armor. Don think you can live with hit and run with a bad armor. It is best to do two hit n runs and drink a potion than to do one and repeat.
    Last edited by defboy99; 12-04-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast