Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worthless skill

Olympian God
    ToC generates zero aggro. It must have been something else you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irma2 View Post
    ToC generates zero aggro. It must have been something else you were doing.
    I'm guessing he either mixed up his trances or he didn't wait for the lure to do its job.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Priest
    it's toc, i didn't confuse the trances.

wait? i've seen the videos where lure draws all the monsters from the character. it didn't happen with me, no matter how long i've waited. it's an archer, she isn't built for blocking or defending attacks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBast View Post
    it's toc, i didn't confuse the trances.

wait? i've seen the videos where lure draws all the monsters from the character. it didn't happen with me, no matter how long i've waited. it's an archer, she isn't built for blocking or defending attacks
    Two things:

- as said above the Monster Lure must cast its 'Aggro Spell' before drawing the attention of Monsters. That's why you never cast a Lure in the middle of a mob. The Monster Lure is a tool for the Pervs and those who plan ahead ,

- The Monster Lure has an area of effect: the more points in the main skill the more distant ennemies it can reach. At max (with + Skills) the area of effect becomes tremendous (+ 10!!).That's when the Lure becomes a real saviour.

Note: my guess: as you play an archer maybe your Monster Lure is too far away from mobs and/or you Lure is too underleveled.

Last edited by CrocMagnum; 11-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Yeah, like Croc said, you need to wait for it to trigger before diving in. It does NOT pull aggro off you. MAYBE if you didn't debuff the enemies or attack them alot, but most of the time it won't pull aggro off.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Priest
    it should be shift+castable in the first place. maybe i'll give it another shot, but not now
    i know it's a question of playstyle, and believe me, i tried

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBast View Post
    it should be shift+castable in the first place. maybe i'll give it another shot, but not now
    i know it's a question of playstyle, and believe me, i tried
    Nah, no reason for it to be shift+castable. The range on provoke at max level is BEYOND what you can even see, past max level (+4) it aggros dudes a screen away.

Priest
    will try adding more points (/other playstyle)

My main problem with detonate is that it doesn't always go off. The energy bar has to fill all the way before it does. When it does work, I think it's fine. It's a nice way to add some area affect, especially against the worms and croc-men in Egypt. The dune raiders are a little too quick for it to really affect them. The trick is to make sure the lure survives long enough for the energy to charge up, so perhaps the strategy is to cast the lure, then when the time is right, charge the mob so that they'll turn their attention to you. If you time it right, the detonation will help knock some hp off -- leading to quicker kills.

Later on, with those annoying Dragonians, it probably will not be as effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12