Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mythic formulas.. not finding a single one

Mythic formulas.. not finding a single one

Hello all

I find my Assassin in a really good place at lvl 65, a good collection of resistance gear for farming different bosses, but I have yet to find a single mythic formula. I dont play with any xmax or uber or whatever, no twinking nor increased unique chance via defiler - I can run straight to Leinth on Legendary without engaging a single monster or taking a hit - so I can farm her easily and as fast as can be considering its still a long run, but I have killed her SO many times and not even seen one formula drop - is she really the best boss to farm for them?

I assume you are going to say to me "you think 5 hours of farming her is a lot, try 2 weeks etc etc" but I then ask myself if I really want to sit and do this insane farm grind, and after 200 runs finally get ONE mythic formula that will probably be for casters..

I have lost sleep playing this mod its so awesome, really breathed new life into the game for me - I have built up a massive TQ Vault and I am at a crossroads now, was it all for nothing since if I twink a second char it takes away the challenge I enjoyed so much with my first char.. What are your opinions if I may ask, do you feel you 'earned the right' to twink that second char of yours after working so hard on your first and collecting so many items, or do you just grind it out on every new char. Please excuse the stupid moral argument I am having with myself Just hate to see my wonderfully vast collection of rare MIs, greens, blues, purples and artifacts go to waste Love to hear other people's point of view!
    Last edited by Daegon; 11-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.

You could always vary it. Try a twinked run. Start a new run if you are bored. Generally speaking, there have been times when I have felt like doing both twinked and untwinked runs. So one solution is keep your twinked and untwinked characters separate and load whichever you feel like using depending on your mood.

Esti Chest in blood cave give you every time one mythic Formula and awesome drop lot of Epic/Legendary items on any Difficulty but can be opened only once per difficulty.

It is hard to reach chest cause there is lot of those blood spikes that can easilly kill you but most annoying thing is game start lag like you casted 20 meteors.The best way to reach chest and not get hurt is if you can summon any pet just send him to die on spikes and clear way for you.

Esti's hidden chest is located south west from entrance to Temple of Eternal love from entrance just go south and you will see lot of blood spikes(on left side of blood river).

Finding mythic formula is not the hardest part in making mythic item the hardest part is to find monster Infrequent item for example i farmed more then two weeks for Warlord Coat item required to make mythic Armor for warriors and never ever saw single warlord coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daegon View Post
    What are your opinions if I may ask, do you feel you 'earned the right' to twink that second char of yours after working so hard on your first and collecting so many items, or do you just grind it out on every new char. Please excuse the stupid moral argument I am having with myself Just hate to see my wonderfully vast collection of rare MIs, greens, blues, purples and artifacts go to waste Love to hear other people's point of view!
    I belive fresh start is best i started most of my characters untwinked cause i want to see how good/bad character is and how hard /easy is to play him.I usually beat legend or reach hades palace and then equip them with all those cool items.
    The game is also more funny if you dont just rush trough mobs and kill them with one hit.
    Last edited by Diabolist; 11-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Thank you for your helpful replies. Tried on Legendary and got Darkflame Devourer. Time to find the ingredients, a weapon was exactly what I needed most.

Sounds masochistic to collect all those items and never use them and farm for them all over again and end up overleved. What do you do after legendary anyway? Sounds like it's all over after that..