Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Steam Version

Steam Version

Okay played some while back and forgot my account details, with steam offering greta deal on this game i got it again, was wondering if the underlord mod works for steam version, and does this slow cast fix what people seem to be talking about work.

thanks.

Yes it works through Steam
    Steam allows any mods through non-VALVe games... VALVe games have "official" mods that are obtained thru Steam

ah okay thankyou.

I'd stay away from that Underlord mod though. I installed it a few days back and nothing but issues with it. My characters lost all their mastery points and the game was unusually hard just on normal.

They lost theyre masteries because the mod modifies the masteries.. Just little things for every class, nothing major
    It's a very good mod nonetheless

The Underlord mod improves the game in almost all aspects, you need to create to a new character to play it though, if you load old ones all sort of things go wrong.

Slowcast fix works if you unpack 1.17 mod and the defiler in the steam/steamapps/tqit folder. Saved characters are still in documents/mygames/ etc...

Somehow if you drag and drop the path is wrong. It seems to fix the path to unpack it to the correct place. What I just said is going to sound dumb to someone that understands what is going on. I figured it out through trial and error.

I'm not sure about underlord. I'll try that later. I bet you would unpack it the same place though.
    Last edited by waterwizard2005; 10-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veji View Post
    I'd stay away from that Underlord mod though. I installed it a few days back and nothing but issues with it. My characters lost all their mastery points and the game was unusually hard just on normal.
    ...if you had read the FAQ you would have noticed that it warns people, if you play the mod with an OLD TQIT character, you WILL lose all your stats/skill points. That happens with ALL mastery mods for TQIT.

Look at it this way:

the game can only handle 9 masteries at once. If you replace them with new masteries, the game doesn't recognize the old masteries anymore. When you play a mod with the old masteries, it doesn't recognize them because it's trying to give you your skills from the mod, which you don't have. So, you receive nothing. Each skill is tied to a file, when these files aren't found, you're assigned skillpoints to nonexistant skills, get it?
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Quote Originally Posted by waterwizard2005 View Post
    Slowcast fix works if you unpack 1.17 mod and the defiler in the steam/steamapps/tqit folder. Saved characters are still in documents/mygames/ etc...

Somehow if you drag and drop the path is wrong. It seems to fix the path to unpack it to the correct place. What I just said is going to sound dumb to someone that understands what is going on. I figured it out through trial and error.

I'm not sure about underlord. I'll try that later. I bet you would unpack it the same place though.
    Somehow doing this on my D2D version made the game with the Slow Down fix bootable. It is because the default patch.dll on my game folder is empty (I dont know if it is originally 0 bytes or something changed it), and if you extract the Defiler archive, it has a patch.dll inside it that will overwrite the empty .dll. That is why it complains about patch.dll broken or something when I extract/install the Defiler outside the game directory.

Just gotta test if it really worked. Thanks for this!