Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diablo III Release date - Official Update

I like to buy games to support those who made the game. They put in a lot of hard work, and used their talents and creativity to create something that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. Some games, like Titan Quest, and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, for example, where the creators of the game are no longer in business, it's a bit less of a moral dilemma for me to consider pirating such games, since, it's my understanding, that the money I would put forth would not actually benefit the creative minds behind these games. At this point it just goes to the publishers, or ??? Maybe I'm wrong. If you have the money for a game, I definitely say pay for it.

I agree with what ASYLUM101 said about "supporting the games you like", but what relationship do the entities that currently collect for TQ purchases have with the actual creation of the game? It's like paying Michael Jackson for Beatles songs. Sure, he has the "rights" to the music, but had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the songs. Maybe a bad analogy, but it's the best I could come up with right now =)
    Last edited by Frojak; 09-25-2011 at 01:59 AM.

The thing is, if you had paid for the game while Iron Lore was still in existence, it would have gone to them. Now it goes to THQ, which is still not a bad thing considering most THQ games are pretty awesome.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Games don't have the same price in Croatia/Romania as in USA and England. Also the pays are not the same, so buying all my games is just impossible for me. Also it's not like I have to justify my self. Pirate Pimp out.

People, when the average salary is 300 Euros and the price of a game goes to 60 Euros you are not so decided to buy a game than let's say an average salary of 1000 Euros.
    But as D-money above said, you can't possibly understand how life is around here so I suggest to everyone from America or West Europe to stfu when it comes to this subject. And I really don't care what you will think about me but I am not going to make you a post explaining why we are poor starting from The Ottoman Empire(Turkey) domination until today.
    Last edited by Laurrrr; 09-25-2011 at 03:47 AM.
    The Book thread
    The Poetry thread

"The Zone wants to be respected. Otherwise it will punish."
    "It is so quiet out here, it is the quietest place in the world."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234