Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition to make offline play available for Diablo 3

No worries, Deathshadow, I get the joke! No name-bashing from me.

Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer View Post
    No that's obvious. Yet I'm sure you'd be very unhappy if someone just walked up to you and took your MP3 player. I think you'd be pretty mad about it. So why do you think pirating games is any different? Just because you can do it over the internet? Theft is theft, and even if you did eventually buy the game, it doesn't excuse your actions and certainly didn't help the developers. Your actions, others like you unfortunately, caused them to close down, losing many people their jobs and livelihood. Hope you're proud of yourself.

I'm not interesting in D3 so it doesn't bother me whether it's on or offline. But if it stops people like you ruining gaming for the rest of us then all I can say is good on them.
    Medea,
    I do not recall asking for your opinion on this, but I do recall informing you that I couldn't care less about said opinion.
    Your analogies are garbage, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped harassing me. Thanks. No further comment.

Quote Originally Posted by nakiannu View Post
    Medea,
    I do not recall asking for your opinion on this, but I do recall informing you that I couldn't care less about said opinion.
    Your analogies are garbage, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped harassing me. Thanks. No further comment.
    I dunno why you started this if you can't take it...
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nakiannu View Post
    Medea,
    If you think my analogies are garbage then give me one that isn't.

Well the game is out now and of course many server problems are seen. Sure we could argue that EVERY online game has teething problems but to me they have had 10 years to get ready for this. You could even argue that ALL games have teething problems and I would say your wrong. Look at the console games that were made before internet capabilities were made. If they had just made an offline option maybe they could have avoided the many complaints I am seeing on the net. I still can't play online and refuse to pay $60 a month just to play diablo 3.

Priest
    Welp, I was up at 3am EST and it took me an hour of trying to actually log in. That royally sucked. I sort of understand because the highest play time the game will ever get is within the first 24 hours, so it doesn't make sense to buy servers and never use them a day later; they need to rent out other people's servers. After that there was one time I was playing with friends and we were all booted and couldn't get back on. That ruined our gaming plans for that night completely! Otherwise I haven't had trouble, so I hope it is smooth sailing from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttandc View Post
    Well the game is out now and of course many server problems are seen. Sure we could argue that EVERY online game has teething problems but to me they have had 10 years to get ready for this. You could even argue that ALL games have teething problems and I would say your wrong. Look at the console games that were made before internet capabilities were made. If they had just made an offline option maybe they could have avoided the many complaints I am seeing on the net. I still can't play online and refuse to pay $60 a month just to play diablo 3.
    How do non-internet games matter when discussing server issues? Of course pre-internet console games didn't have server issues - we also expected a lot less from them.

An offline option may actually generate more complaints when people use the offline code to figure out how to hack and cheat the system.

$60 a month to play D3? Are you honestly blaming Blizzard for the price of cable internet and suggesting you wouldn't use the internet for anything else? That's a rather inane comment.
    Last edited by ArrowofThyme; 05-18-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Wow you certainly have assumed a lot.

How do non-internet games matter when discussing server issues?

Never said they did.

Of course pre-internet console games didn't have server issues - we also expected a lot less from them.

You may have, not all. And why do you seem fixated on server issues?

$60 a month to play D3? Are you honestly blaming Blizzard for the price of cable internet and suggesting you wouldn't use the internet for anything else? That's a rather inane comment.

Did I say I blamed Blizzard for $60 a month connection to the internet? Dude you have really jumped the gun on this one. What are you smokin haha

In my opinion no game should have problems on it's release. The internet has only given games developers the ability to release half made games with patches released later if your lucky. For your sake I hope your D3 experience is trouble free from now on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123