Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sapros so good?

Hybrid View

Why is Sapros so good?

So I finally found Sapros the Corrupter, which seems to be the most-talked-about melee weapon. It gives significantly less damage than my Sagaris Tartarus - about 15% or so. I swapped it in for a bit and didn't notice myself killing any faster. I thought I noticed it being a bit slower, but that might be mental bias from knowing that the damage is lower.

Is there a particular scenario where it shines? Should I swap it in for boss fights or something?

"Reduces all resistances by ~60"

This includes physical resistance.

So, if an enemy has 60% physical damage resistance, you'd expect to deal 60% less damage right? Right!

Well, since Sapros reduced all resists by a FLAT (not percent based) 60, that means if they have 60 resist, they now have 0. If they had 0 to begin with, now they have -60, giving you ~60% increase in damage.

To make things even better - if you have green jewelry, you can stick some monkey king relics in them to gain another 36 flat reduction.

Sapros is the "best" weapon in the game for a reason, lol.

Do you now understand the power of Sapros?

Sagaris has nothing worthwhile, it's a surprisingly weak weapon...
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

Quote Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
    "Reduces all resistances by ~60"

This includes physical resistance.

So, if an enemy has 60% physical damage resistance, you'd expect to deal 60% less damage right? Right!

Well, since Sapros reduced all resists by a FLAT (not percent based) 60, that means if they have 60 resist, they now have 0. If they had 0 to begin with, now they have -60, giving you ~60% increase in damage.

To make things even better - if you have green jewelry, you can stick some monkey king relics in them to gain another 36 flat reduction.

Sapros is the "best" weapon in the game for a reason, lol.

Do you now understand the power of Sapros?

Sagaris has nothing worthwhile, it's a surprisingly weak weapon...

Ugh. This was not apparent to me when I found this item. The modifier reads "63 Reduced Resistance For 3 Seconds." For some reason this did not register in my brain as ALL resistances and it certainly did not register that it would erase resistances so powerfully. I thought I would be dealing 63 less damage - which would be nothing really. I was looking for a percentage sign.....I sold this thing in favor of stupid Kraken's Fist noooooooooo!!!!

Against bosses there isn't anything better. Eventually you may find a better vs. trash mobs weapon (A godly Folg i.e.). Bosses have high resists and Sapros just crushes any resist as Asylum said.

Just a quick view on a Conquerer for example. Good club 3000 DPS Hydra goes down in 20sec / Sapros 1500 DPS Hydra down in 6 sec. Yep, it is that good.

What stats does a Godly Folg as you say have?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur1 View Post
    What stats does a Godly Folg as you say have?
    Folg is just the strongest mace in the game in terms of raw damage, godly stats are just anything to increase said damage or attack speed.
    |ASYLUMSMOD|SageGuide|ThaneGuide|BattlemageHelp|TemplarHelp|EvokerGuide|How to Mod TQIT|
    Please do not PM me asking for modding help or help fixing your game!!! Create a topic!

I found one that grants +37% dmg alon with the +10% Str/Dex. Should I stick with it or there's a chance to drop a much better?

10% stat mods are a NORMAL stat on Folg. ALL of them will give that. (well, all LEGENDARY Folgs.)

37% damage bonus is good - but you can find better ones.

PS - if you use defiler, you can use the show full item names mod or something, it lets you see the affixes on these green items like Folg, so then you can see if its say, a Veterans Folg of Annihilation (probably your best Folg option)

Ouch. It really is misleading.

if it's such a big deal, why did the OP notice no increase in killing speed/power?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast