3 DAYS. VOTE.
This is going to be interesting...
1. HK-47 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
2. Nikolai Bellic (GTA IV)
3. Ghost (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)
4. Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)
5. Darth Nihilus (KOTOR 2)
6. Shale (Dragon Age: Origins)
7. Strelok (STALKER series)
8. Vampire (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)
9. The Necrons (Warhammer 40k)
10. Altair (Assassin's Creed)
1. HK-47 is a killing machine. A killing machine with the sense of humor. I really like the character because it is an efficient and loyal friend who is not going to betray you but protect you. Yes, I said friend because after KOTOR 1 and 2 I have become attached to him and never left him out of the party. He doesn't have feelings, he will do what you say, especially if it involves killing somebody.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
2. He is a common man who came to Liberty City with the hope to became rich after he read his cousin letters in which he stated that he lives the American Dream. It was all lies and Niko had to get his cousin out of shit and actually do something on their own. He is loyal to his family, ready to kill anyone who fucks with it. He shows remorse but he needs to kill to resolve the problem and he knows it. Sometimes I wondered if he really wanted to do that but in the end I know it was the best decision and I would have done the same.
Ileyna Faustin: [about Mikhail Faustin] He did not used to be like this. When we were young, at home, he was beautiful. He was happy. He made me happy. But then something changed. Years ago. I never quite knew what it was. So many years I wondered what it was, or what was wrong with me that I did not see it in him, or I changed him.
Niko Bellic: Life is complicated. I... I never thought I'd live like this.
Ileyna Faustin: No?
Niko Bellic: When the war came, I did bad things, but after the war I thought nothing of doing bad things. I killed people, smuggled people, sold people.
Ileyna Faustin: And you don't worry about your soul?
Niko Bellic: After you walk into a village and you see 50 children, all sitting neatly in a row, against a church wall, each with their throats cut and their hands chopped off, you realize that the creature that could do this doesn't have a soul.
Ileyna Faustin: God is very complicated. You mustn't give up hope.
Niko Bellic: Well, I don't know about that.
3. Not much to say about Ghost, he is a though stalker, one of the first to enter the Zone and Strelok's best friend. He is number 3 because he respects the friendship with Strelok and is loyal to him. When Strelok wanted to go to the center of The Zone, Fang tried to convince Ghost not to go but he did and they reached the center of The Zone. Master of sneaking, he is a stalker worth of respect and really deserves to be number 3.
Now I'm all alone in this stinking underground facility. Vasiliev doesn't count; he's just a burden which I'll have to protect.
4. Manny Calavera, he is the only reason why I finished Grim Fandango, the game was terrible, the only exception were the dialogues and this character. He is cynical, pesimisthic and would do anything to achieve his goal. +1 from me.
Hector LeMans: Oh Manny... so cynical... What happened to you, Manny, that caused you to lose your sense of hope, your love of life?
Manuel Calavera: I died.
5. He doesn't have feelings, he is like a robot, a robot with an unstoppable hunger for force. An hunger that could conquer the galaxy. I understand him, he needs to survive and if that means destroying all life in the galaxy then so be it!
"Power? Do you think so? You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him slowly, feeding him. He is already dead; it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."
6. He is pretty similar to HK-47, in fact, I am pretty sure they added his personality to Shale. He doesn't have that love for killing like HK did, he is more indifferent, with lesser humor than my number 1. He only cares about his Golem brothers, no one else. I like him.
"The darkspawn are an evil that must be destroyed it's true. Though not as evil as the birds...damnable feathered fiends!"
7. I don't like him so much, the only reason why he is here is that he doesn't want to die. He reached the center of The Zone, he was brainwashed, lots of things. I like how he manages to face challenges and doesn't give up. Go Strelok!
I don't know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I'll never know... But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that.
8. Vampire is a character that tricked death so many times. There were lots of times when all the members of his group were killed, except him. I like that mysterious thing. It's like he has made a pact with the Devil to live in exchange for others lives. Dunno what to say but he is generally avoided and so should the new players of the game do. Besides that, he is an outcast and loner just like me.
"Stalker born under a lucky star. Many times, the teams he was with would end up in tight spots and every time he was the only survivor. Most stalkers stay away from him on account of the bad luck he is said to bring. Has been roaming the Zone on his own for quite some time now."
9. The Necrons are killers on a Dark Crusade to destroy all life in galaxy. They weren't like this in the beggining but they were fooled by their gods, The C'tan, too take up an armor that brainwashes them and makes them cold and killing robots. Hai faiv!
10. The only reason he is here is because he respects orders and is disciplined. Some say he is a slave but I say it is the perfect killer. Doesn't ask questions and follows orders. Much better than Ezio.
1. Cate Archer
4. The Guardian
6. Le Chuck
8. Rico Rodriguez
1. Cate Archer
She's cute, stylish, has a nice accent, wears mini-skirts, and is much groovier than Austin Powers... who else gets to fight ninja chicks while inside the tornado that's destroying a trailer park?
Before GladOS we had Shodan... The voice alone is enough to make you never forget Shodan. Just picture your monitor suddenly sparkling too life one night as your computer calls you a puny insect...Shodan was omniscient, and omnipresent, and she thought she was omnipotent too - the new god for the technological revolution.
Rise and shine Mr. Freeman... the shadowy figure who watched your moves from behind locked doors, always out of reach and with very unclear motives as you struggled against all manner of trials at Black Mesa. Sort of like the Cancer Man/ Cigarette Smoking Man of X-Files, you are never sure of his motivations, only you know he has something more up his sleeve - you can be certain that his help is not without cost...
4. The Guardian
He's big. He's red. It's Clifford... no wait.... he's malevolent, and seeks to make the world of Brittania his own....After games that introduced numerous 'big bads', he became the biggest and the baddest of them all. And, he tried to convince you that he was doing everything he did in the name of good.
Fanatics are scary, and Kane is the king of the fanatics as the one true leader of the Brotherhood of Nod. He wants nothing less than control of the world, and tiberium, and is willing to sacrifice humanity to achieve his goals. And he looks like a slightly milder version of Stone Cold Steve Austin.
What's worse than being hunted down by a pirate who's sole motivation seems to be to defile the girl of your dreams, and end your life? Well, what if he is undead? LeChuck has been a ghost, a zombie, and a demon, but he has always been dead. And he keeps coming back... if he could get his arrogance and ego under control, he might even win against Guybrush...
Ah, what list would be complete without man's best friend? A nod to the original Mad Max, Dogmeat appears in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, and Fallout 3. He is loyal to a fault, and who doesn't love seeing Dogmeat go for the eyes on some wasteland thug?
8. Rico Rodriquez
The ultimate badass... This guy does it all. Blows stuff up (many, many times), surfs on airliners, hijacks mopeds, base jumps, driving monster trucks down mountains... all while working as an undercover agent. His grappling hook puts the Batclaw to shame, and his island world is a beautiful place to explore and blow the crap out of... All in a day's work... He is so much cooler in the sequel, but still not bad in the original game as well...
A lot of the Mortal Kombat characters bring back a lot of memories for me, but if I have to pick one, it has to be Scorpion - he has a decent backstory, some killer moves (pun intended), and he gets to yell one of the most memorable lines - "Get over here!"
If Jack Skellington wanted to rule the world instead of just Christmas, you would call him Sandro... Another of the undead, Sandro has shown an amazing ability to survive, appearing in no less than six Might and Magic games, surviving the destruction of an entire world, plus the multitude of heroes out to stop him at every turn and thwart his plans for world domination. I can only hope he returns to the Might & Magic universe in #VI...